Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined this site and have seen many great looking cars that you have posted. My car is arriving in 3 months and have to prepare to order all my after market parts, but I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on which wheel looks better between these 2 wheels that I have narrowed it down to.

S5 Ibis White/RED (interior)

Wheel size 20x10 the way around and the max lip for F & R. Brushed/Chrome LIP I was thinking to go with 285/25/20 tires.

HRE 891R vs DPE LS5

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels.php?q=/890R/891R/

http://www.dpe-wheels.com/showroom_web/main.php?g2_itemId=3050

Thanks for your help, I will other opinions coming soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hre

If your wallet can take it then go for HRE.

They are the best IMO.

Rick

·
Registered
218 Posts
well, I'd tell you to pick up dpes for obvious reasons...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hre 891r

I'd go for the HRE 891R's. I absolutely love the look of a dual 7-spoke wheel on the S5.

I have a set of Work Varianza T1S wheels, which are dual 7-spoke. So, I suppose my opinion is somewhat biased. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
You know, DPE (so does iForged) makes a set that looks comparable to the 891's.

http://www.dpe-wheels.com/showroom_web/main.php?g2_itemId=3528

I only offer this as an option that is less pricey than the HRE's. My vote is HRE, but be prepared to pay the premium. I'm running a set of custom P40s right now.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That's my car in the DPE gallery, but I have since switched to HRE.

However, if you are gonna go with those conservative offsets there is no reason to go with an expensive HRE. You are paying for the ability to have a true 3 piece wheel on max offsets with max lip. A 10" wheel will not give you that so why pay premium?

For your sizes, I would go with the DPE or Work Varianza.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
HRE if you have the money otherwise DPE is fine, both are top quality so you can't really go wrong with either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know, DPE (so does iForged) makes a set that looks comparable to the 891's.

http://www.dpe-wheels.com/showroom_web/main.php?g2_itemId=3528

I only offer this as an option that is less pricey than the HRE's. My vote is HRE, but be prepared to pay the premium. I'm running a set of custom P40s right now.
I looked at those, but the HRE look better I think. Those look to curvery for me. I like more of a straighter looking spoke.

Well, so far it looks like HRE Look is the better way to go...

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's my car in the DPE gallery, but I have since switched to HRE.

However, if you are gonna go with those conservative offsets there is no reason to go with an expensive HRE. You are paying for the ability to have a true 3 piece wheel on max offsets with max lip. A 10" wheel will not give you that so why pay premium?

For your sizes, I would go with the DPE or Work Varianza.
I was just say to myself "Thats's Sizzle's Car" Good Picture with Dallas skyline.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I looked at those, but the HRE look better I think. Those look to curvery for me. I like more of a straighter looking spoke.

Well, so far it looks like HRE Look is the better way to go...
You won't be disappointed with the HRE as IMO they are the best in the business....:)

If you're going to go with them, why don't you maximize the look and go with an 11" rear and 9.5" front? It will give you the same rolling diameters and will give you a look that pictures simply can't capture.

If you want to meet up at some point just let me know...

·
Registered
436 Posts
For $6K and higher, you can't beat a HRE...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You won't be disappointed with the HRE as IMO they are the best in the business....:)

If you're going to go with them, why don't you maximize the look and go with an 11" rear and 9.5" front? It will give you the same rolling diameters and will give you a look that pictures simply can't capture.

If you want to meet up at some point just let me know...
Will 11" rub with H&R racing springs (1.2" lowering in rear)? Also, you went with 9.5 and 11. Wouldn't 10 and 11" work with the same rolling diameter??

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Will 11" rub with H&R racing springs (1.2" lowering in rear)? Also, you went with 9.5 and 11. Wouldn't 10 and 11" work with the same rolling diameter??
The width of the tire isn't gonna make you rub unless you have inner clearance issues which you don't with this car.

In order to maintain proper rolling diameters and consistent sidewall size, you must go with a 9.5 front to compliment the 11" rear. The proper tire sizes are:
Front- 255/30/20
Rear-305/25/20

Those sizes are within 1mm of all size specs except for width. Use this calculator to see what i'm saying.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would definitely go with the Asanti's..

:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the comment really not needed, I already know you don't like my wheels its all good. You like what you like and I like what I like but my Asanti's gets rare reviews when I'm downtown around Cyclone Anaya's

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oh no! Not again.....

Putting Asanti's on an S5 is akin to putting granny panties on a super model.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dude get a life you are such a hater, not needed man move around, get a life
Sorry man, cheap shot, I know. It was funny though......:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wheel size 20x10 the way around and the max lip for F & R. Brushed/Chrome LIP I was thinking to go with 285/25/20 tires.

HRE 891R vs DPE LS5

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels.php?q=/890R/891R/
Cool choice. I am eyeing the HRE 891R too, and toyed with photoshop image to get a feel of what it looks like on the ride. THought of sharing, not an expert in photoshop but good enough for impression. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts