Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I was just going for a nice sunday drive in my local neigbourhood when i come to a set of traffic lights. There are two lanes and next to me pulls up a SL55. His looking at the S5, then looks ahead. There is not much distance to the next set of traffic lights, but the two lanes merge into one.

No Traffic ahead, No Pedestrians.... So i think for a moment. Do i test this S5 against the SL55? By the book, I know the SL should take me. However the next set of lights are not too far ahead so it would be a good test to see how both cars compare.

As the Light turns Amber both of us Floor it. I have not yet done this in the S5 as its still quite new. I went through 1st, 2nd, then 3rd Gear, as the roads merged, Im quite please to say the SL55 was behind me!!! I can tell he was not happy. At the next set of lights there were cars infront of us, and i was happy with the achievement and went back into cruise mode.

The Road ahead after the lights had some traffic. The guy in the SL55 was so pissed, he put his foot down and switched lanes in and out of traffic to get as far away from the S5 as possible :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sweet Victory

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Good work!

...That's the quattro for you... sub 5 secs 0-60 is easy to do every time with the quattro... In the AMG, it takes real skill to be quick but not to end up in a cloud of tyre smoke or blinded by traction control lights. Book says SL55 is 4.5 secs, but I bet average joe, thinning-hair driver can't do that most times.

...relatively light car with 4WD and manual shift vs heavy powerful car with 2WD and a silly auto-box flappy paddle shift...

Also... He may not have expected you to be so quick and only gave it 'all' when he realised he was in trouble!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts