Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of a black debadged A5 tried to race me today right before the onramp to the southbound 280 freeway. I have no idea what was going through his head when he revved his engine insatiably at the light coaxing a race out of me. I let him have a full car length's lead to make things interesting, and well the rest is history.

Flew right past him as if he was standing still before I even hit 70mph...never thought I would have an A5 kill story or even race one for that matter but I suppose that's just life—always unexpected.

·
Registered
337 Posts
He probably just wanted to hear your V8 going past him ?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Little Boys

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If I met S5 I would try to race it as well, just to see the difference, there is nothing bad about it. Guy was just probably curious.

But if you'd have raced me then I can assure you that you won't pass me like that. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would have went home and gotten my Cobra, then gone back out to hunt you down:D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If I met S5 I would try to race it as well, just to see the difference, there is nothing bad about it. Guy was just probably curious.

But if you'd have raced me then I can assure you that you won't pass me like that. :D
Maybe not, but in a straight line he still would have gone past you at some point.

Edit:- Alejandro just noticed you have MTM upgrades, 310 bhp from the MTM cantronic with exhaust, is that dyno verified as far as I know to puch that out of the TDI even ABT have to fit their own uprated turbo to get that much out of the car?

Don't mean to Jack your thread Alwin, Alejandro not done a search but if you've already posted details of your mods somewhere could you point me in the right direction, would be interested to know more.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Damn i didn't know there was that big of a difference between the two models, i would have at least expected the A5 to keep, now i feel inferior:(

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Maybe not, but in a straight line he still would have gone past you at some point.

Edit:- Alejandro just noticed you have MTM upgrades, 310 bhp from the MTM cantronic with exhaust, is that dyno verified as far as I know to puch that out of the TDI even ABT have to fit their own uprated turbo to get that much out of the car?

Don't mean to Jack your thread Alwin, Alejandro not done a search but if you've already posted details of your mods somewhere could you point me in the right direction, would be interested to know more.....
I will make it easier for you :)
My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEuz3Fl98jw
S5 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu_v7yYtETY

I don't know how about you, but I see almost no difference. 310BHP and 640NM is what MTM shows on their website, however, these numbers can be achieved only with exhaust system that I have. I am planning on going to DYNO as I am interested as well. I think MTM is a kind of company that should really be careful when presenting gain numbers...
I am sure that if S5 is faster, then by no more than by one, max. two car lengths. ;)

Would there be much difference between an S5 and an A5 3.0TDI?
If you are stock then don't even bother trying. Audi S5 would simply destroy you, there is more than 100BHP difference - that's huge. However, if you are modded to more than 300BHP, things are really getting interesting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Would there be much difference between an S5 and an A5 3.0TDI?
Doing a quick calculation based on 0-62 times, and assuming the acceleration is linear ( which it isn't ), the S5 would cover 70.6m in the 5.1 seconds it takes to accelerate to 62, the 3.0 TDI would cover 60.9m in the same time and the 2.0 T would cover 55.3m. The S5 would be 2 car lengths ahead of the 3.0 TDI with the 2.0 T a further car length back. I don't have 0-100 times but maybe someone else does. Much of a difference ? Guess so !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts