Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one shed some light on this?

1. When I start my car, once in a while it feels like it has about 40% more power, consistently until I turn it off and back on again.

2. I replaced my battery not so long ago and this seemed to dramatically increase the power, but after a week or so of driving felt like it was getting slower again.

Any ideas?

I have no EML or any other lights on the dashboard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It might need a scan mate to look for errors..

It could also be a heating problem where the car is going in to safe mode.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might need a scan mate to look for errors..

It could also be a heating problem where the car is going in to safe mode.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
I did have some faults coming up when I scanned with the carista obd tool, but they're not triggering the EML on the dashboard. Maybe I'll get it booked in to the garage and get them to look into them further. To be honest they said they weren't concerned about the fault codes that did come up. It was something like open circuit on engine mount I think.

Interesting you say about the heating problem. The fan goes nuts nearly all the time after driving. I won't say all the time because I don't actually listen out for it but I notice it a lot even if I haven't been thrashing it. I do also have a slow coolant leak from the back of the engine some where.

Ah... the garage did notice the oil level sensor was unplugged (even though it still told me if I needed to top it up) but they plugged it back in and it comes up as defective.

Thanks for the ideas, maybe some one else will have some too, or have experienced something similar.

Cheers for taking the time to read and reply! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts