Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Hi
I have not been so confused before......I have the option to get the new S5 fully loaded or the RS4 avant. I know the ideal differences of the 2, teh latter being more poweful, practical and raw. However, I still cnan not make my mind up, as to what will be a better car, with 0-60 only being 0.2 sec difference! it does not really matter having the lack of 60 horses.
I prefer the S5 but people tell me that the RS4 is a better car, residuals will be better and its more fun.
Can someone please help to close this off!
I am supposed to be picking up one of the two cars this weekend!
Many Thanks

Shaan

·
Registered
254 Posts
I say go for the S5,a bit more exclusive at the moment,plus==== how many people have actually driven/compared both models??? Mal

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got an RS4 Avant and my wife is getting her S5 on 1st Sept, so if you can wait until then i'll be able to let you know how they compare.

I haven't actually driven an S5 yet, but I don't expect it to be too different either in outright performance or handing in everyday driving, however the RS4 will ultimately have the edge.

The S5 is certainly exclusive at the moment but so are RS4's.

It's a hard choice. Glad I've not got to choose.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Difficult choice, but I went for the S5. I guess it's as much a lifestyle thing as anything else. Do you want a sleek coupe or an estate car?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hussains,
Have you actually driven both cars back to back?
To drive in traffic the S5 is easier as its less highly tuned and has a better ride.
Whilst the RS4 is more pure RS the A4 interior is quite dated compared with the S5 although the seats are the tops.
My own dealer told me their allocation for S5 next year is 1 so that will help. Soon the new A4 series will be out and the RS4 will become a dated design.
I would like to think that its depreciation will be similar.

At the end of the day the RS4 is at least 9k more spec for spec. if you can get a new one still.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S5 vs RS4

Guys, I appreciate ur feedback, and all your reasons are so clearly justified.....My heart is set with the S5, due to its phenomenol looks, revised interior and exclusivity......yet the power is still there when u do comparisons. How many times have u beaten someone, who has a powerful car? Plenty times I am sure, purely because they cant drive. I beleive that the S5 is going to have a real turnaround, and being so new and very few on the road, I can understand why.
Well, I am sold, and I am picking it up on Saturday Morning - cant wait.
You would have thought that maybe the journalists would have done a back to back test.
The revised chasis, interior, more torque than the RS4, beautiful alloys do it for me.....&&&&& Bang & Olufsen system - now thats a class act!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am surprised you can just pick an s5 up on saturday as there seems to be a lack of them in the uk.Did you spec your car or is it a demo? Anyway you are a lucky b wish it was me.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'd say a better comparisson would be the RS5 (when it arrives) and an RS4.

When I was in ordering my A5, there was an absolutely *GORGEOUS* BLACK RS4 Avant in the showroom... and I mean gorgeous! It was around £54K. If it was between that very car, and the S5 demontrator which i Drove, i'd have taken the RS4 a million times over.

Albeit, i went for the A5 3.0TDI, becuase it would be insane for me to spend so much money on fuel with the amount of miles I cover. Plus, £54k is well out of my price range:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
A5 3.0 TDi quattro starts at 33430 GBP on the road Tax paid including one year's UK Road Tax. UK spec is dfferent from US and generally lower than yours.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think that the S5 does not beat the RS4, but I'd choose the RS4 sedan rather than the Avant.

Avant vs S5. I'd go for the S5.

·
Registered
97 Posts
performance wise, RS4 will still have an edge I believe. Based on looks i'll give the nod to the S5. Both cars are great in their own right.

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my opinion the S5 is better - cause its the audi's newest model and its called "the most beautiful audi" ever made :) The exterior of the S5 is nice and the interior is better than the one that RS4 has. Thats my opinion :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts