Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a tiptronic S5 on order with delivery estimated mid to late November , just read that DSG is due out early 2009 , should I wait for DSG or stick with Tiptronic. Don't want the car to be obsolete before I even get it !
Why would they bring out a DSG Box so close behind the Tiptronic. I believe the Tip cars are just starting to appear in the UK. Will they offer both a DSG and Tiptronic option ? I'm confused :confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have a tiptronic S5 on order with delivery estimated mid to late November , just read that DSG is due out early 2009 , should I wait for DSG or stick with Tiptronic. Don't want the car to be obsolete before I even get it !
Why would they bring out a DSG Box so close behind the Tiptronic. I believe the Tip cars are just starting to appear in the UK. Will they offer both a DSG and Tiptronic option ? I'm confused :confused:
There was an article in EVO in May where they reviewed the S-tronic/DSG 7 speed in the S5, if you read it the box sounds great.
Whereabouts did you read about it coming out in early 09?
I am trying to get my dealer to find out but he says it's Tip for now, no other plans as DSG box is not strong enough for the S5's torque. Thats not what Audi told EVO.
Chris

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was an article in EVO in May where they reviewed the S-tronic/DSG 7 speed in the S5, if you read it the box sounds great.
Whereabouts did you read about it coming out in early 09?
I am trying to get my dealer to find out but he says it's Tip for now, no other plans as DSG box is not strong enough for the S5's torque. Thats not what Audi told EVO.
Chris
See thread http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35894#post35894

·
Registered
76 Posts
I heard that some US dealerships will have demo S5s with DSG this autumn.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I heard that some US dealerships will have demo S5s with DSG this autumn.
And your source of this information would be...?

·
Registered
76 Posts
A dealership in the area. I asked about S-tronic availability was told they had ordered an S5 with it which should arrive in September. I even asked if they were sure it was an S-tronic like the VW DSG and they said yes. We shall see...

jedijasper: Where did you hear early 2010?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The S5 Tip is fast, you get a blip of throttle on the down shift and it suits the car. It all works as an auto when you don’t want to be racing around.

Also if you are in auto and you pull on the paddle it sits in manual for 10 secs and if you dont change gear again it will go back into auto so you dont even have to move the gear stick. so it is paddles all the way,

The other nice thing about the tip 26mpg today going to london:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dream car: RS5/cab/DSG.... Sign me up!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts