Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i noticed many of you arguing and debating about when the 2009 S5's are going to be ariving i thought id share what my dealer has told me about the arrival of my car. First, i put a deposit on the car 2 months ago which someone else ordered and backed out on, i got lucky. The origional delivery date the salesman told me was July 7th. I called him 2 weeks ago to check on the status and at first he said the first or second week of july but then he checked the computer and said, "O wait, its showing your car has already been loaded and is on the boat as we speak and should be here sooner then expected." I noticed some members saying that the dealers are lying and the cars have not left Germany due to the pricing. Normally i would agree that they would lie to satisfy and shut their customers up, however based on the way he corrected his first statement and said the car may arrive sooner then expected i believe, at least in my case, that my car is almost here and their is no delay in shipping the cars due to pricing. So hopefully, whoever else is waiting for a early july delivery, our cars will be here shortly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SteveS5
That is good news. This is my build week, so I am hoping the whole price issues is fixed in the next few days. Good Luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Excellent! I was pretty sure that there were a number of people on the forum that had cars on the boat right now & were expecting delivery in the next few weeks. I'm sure pricing will be out quickly as it would create major logistical issues for all parties if cars got hung up in port at this point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lookin' good!

Hopefully it's true, I stopped by my dealer yesterday, he pulled up my order up on the computer and he showed me that my 09' S5 was loaded on the ship June 22nd :D I am guardedly optomistic that Audi will set pricing and the car will be delivered to me [as estimated] on July 28th.

I have never waited for a car so this has been quite a challenge - only time will tell, but I know it will be worth it! Hope this helps spread a bit more encouragement - I'm hangin' in there! Steve

·
Registered
165 Posts
Although I am not in the states but the UK I think in my case my shipment isnt held up for prices I think the sales guys in my local just Lie.... or it it bullshit cant seem to make my mind up :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a lot of cars especially some S5s that are in port in Rhode Island and have been there since June 16/18. They just won't release the 2009s until the pricing is announced. This is just driving me crazy......

·
Registered
204 Posts
StevS5
My S5 should be here on July 28 also. mine showed as loaded on 6/21 but I would assume on the same ship as yours. Any Idea what port on the westcoast Audi get there cars to?

Tonny

·
Registered
122 Posts
I received confirmation yesterday that my car was loaded on a boat on 6/27, and is expected at port 7/23. The delivery date is currently 7/29 (my guess for the quick turn from port to dealer delivery is due to the location of the dealer in SoCal).

Anyway, it was loaded a week earlier than was previously expected, so it's a good thing!! :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
TonnyG,
My understanding is that west coast cars arrive in San Diego. Mine did and when they finally got it unloaded it made it to Reno, NV in one day. You are closer to SD than I am so I would expect that once it is unloaded and 09 pricing is set, it will take 1-2 days for delivery and 1/2 day to prep it. Lots of prep work as it come wrapped up in a giant baggie!! Good luck and enjoy it. It IS worth the wait.

·
Registered
204 Posts
And mine is a special order car to so I'm really exited. As far as what I have heard no other Mugello Blue Pearl S5 has been built. (I guess there could be some in Europe but at least not very many) I think I will enjoy this one more then any other car I have ever had and I have had some very cool stuff before.

Tonny

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As far as what I have heard no other Mugello Blue Pearl S5 has been built.
Hey Tonny, why the switch from Glut Orange? From some of your previous posts, you seemed to be pretty set on getting Glut Orange. Just curious why you decided to switch from that color to Mugello Blue Pearl?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good Memory TXcarguy

I basically changed my mind lol, Audi had already built a few glut orange A5s and I got some good picture of one and it just didn't pop the way I think Glut Orange does on the RS4 which I have seen before. I had debated between the Glut Orange and the Mugello Blue Pearl since I started even thinking of buying a S5 when they where first released. I changed the order just a week or so before it went to production status. I think I will be very happy with the blue and it will most definetly be unusual. I'm working on getting a set of 360Forged wheels with the centers color matched to the car. Should look cool.

Tonny

·
Registered
220 Posts
1-2 day prep is not necessary. My car arrived in the middle of the night, and I got it from the dealer at 3:00 that afternoon. The dealers do realize that you've been waiting too long already and usually move it through for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think i remember the dealer saying the car will be arriving at a port in Rhode Island. Tonny, i bet your car will be heading to the port in San Diego, so its doubtful that its on the same shit as mine. Furthermore, you said that your dealer told you a shipping time of 1 month while mine told me a shipping time of 2 weeks, this would make sense being that your car is heading to the west coast and mine the east coast. Anyway, with a 2 week shipping time, 1 week to inspect, unload, and get to my dealer, im justifying in my inpatient and unexplainably excited mind that ill be getting that call early next week. And if not ill have to do what any else would do in this situation..... Annoy my dealer and wait longer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys
There are several ports for Audi and VW. The ones that I know of are: Rhode Island, Georgia, Houston and San Diego. The reason I know this was my current A6 was shipped into Savannah Georgia and I had to wait two weeks for it to arrive in Dallas by truck. That really sucked. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.