Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will S5 sideskirts fit on an A5 okay and if they do can anyone tell me where they can be purchased from?? :confused:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes they will. FYI, they're the exact same side skirts found on the A5 S-line's exterior body treatment (in those countries where it's available).

The actual part description in Audi's system is called "stone guard". The stone guards are attached to the body of the car using 9 clips on each side. An alternative to attaching the stone guards using the clips (which I assume would necessitate drilling holes into the body) is to use a very strong bonding agent. Body shops sometimes use this to attach spoilers to trunk lids.

Just give your dealership's Parts department a call and they should be able to order those "stone guards" for you.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TXcarguy, good news! Is there anyone on here from the UK thats fitted these skirts on AFTER taking delivery, would like to know how much they cost etc?

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the side skirts dont look right to me, they stick out way too much, can just instantly see its some pointless peice of plastic. i think it spoils the lines of the car. UK a5 sport model just look so much more sleek than the a5 with sline. And lol at those spoilers on tyresmoke, not feeling them what so ever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The spoiler shown is def no no! :eek: That's unless you have ambitions for your car to be in Max Power Magazine. :eek: The S5/A5 is about sleek and classy lines not plastic tat! :mad:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The spoiler shown is def no no! :eek: That's unless you have ambitions for your car to be in Max Power Magazine. :eek: The S5/A5 is about sleek and classy lines not plastic tat! :mad:
'
Rear spoiler looks like a citroen saxo or volvo.

YUCK!! :eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Billy The Fish,
I've fitted side skirts to my car & they really look good, contray to some other opinions posted ealier, they cost around £80.00 ea plus painting & fitting so probably around £300.00 all in. I also put a S5 front & rear on my car I just loved the look of the S5 but not the running costs. the car definatly benefits from these after sales additions (retro fit) Ithink I might join a few of the other guy's by having my car lowered & definatly wheel spacers fitted .
If you'd like part numbers & any other info please dont hesitate to ask !

Regards Golfdeeko :)

I'll post some pics & let you be the judge !!

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yea, separate spoilers a no-no on the A5/S5 (sleek bullet look)... although, it probably would look better if it didn't have that middle support leg.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
where did you get your parts fitted golfdeeko?

im lining the small door blades on the S5

·
Registered
269 Posts
SD Coachworks formly Cardenden now Inverkiething if you want tel number just personal mesg & I'll give it to you.

Regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
:eek: the spoiler is just not right for the design of the car, maybe on another car like a nova perhaps??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
thanks mate, if needed i will drop you a pm :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts