Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum this evening. My S5 has about 8500 miles on it and ever since about 4000 miles I felt a rubber squeeky feeling in the shifter. Its not like the shifting is rubbery, it has in fact broken in nicely since new. What it feels like is the shifter itself is wedged between two peices of rubber and when shifting from 1-2, 2-3 and a little 3-4, it feels like the rubber is sandwiching the shifter. I hear and feel a squeek. At the 5k checkup they lubricated the shifter and it went away for about a week. I'll be in for the 10k checkup by the end of the month and will bitch a bit more this time. I was wondering if anyone else has felt this rubber sensation?

Thanks!

JR

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Its funny you mention this, a couple of weeks back, I was at the end of a 150mile round trip, just coming into the city and my shifter went rubbery and squeeky, it went and hasn't done it since but my cars only done 4500 miles. I mentioned it to the dealer but they just said if it does it again bring it in, no known fault apparently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it, I do remember it coming and going in the beginning. I'll take it in soon and get them to check it out and report back here.

thanks!

JR

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know it's an old thread that I start again.

I experience after 30.000 km in an 2010 A5 2.0 this rubbery squeaking sound through all the gears.
It begin 10-15 minutes after start.

Does anyone know exactly what to do to fix it?

·
Registered
842 Posts
i have this issue on my s5 as well. intermittent griding into 3rd and 5th as a bonus. i figure it should be warranty work, but have had no time to bring it in so far.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
goodness knows if this will work in denmark and the good old us of a,

but rubbery....................I had nearly forgotten about benny hill.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go for the JHM short throw shifter. Easy to install, steel bearings to keep it tight. From day one I did not like the stock shifter. I replaced it with 300 miles on the motor. Some people on here have complained that it's noisy or difficult to shift- I don't know what the heck they're talking about. Mine is very precise, solid feeling and silent. I suspect they had a shoddy install. :cheers:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I get this as well - but only when its hot outside and I've been on a long drive.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Go for the JHM short throw shifter. Easy to install, steel bearings to keep it tight. From day one I did not like the stock shifter. I replaced it with 300 miles on the motor. Some people on here have complained that it's noisy or difficult to shift- I don't know what the heck they're talking about. Mine is very precise, solid feeling and silent. I suspect they had a shoddy install. :cheers:
+1.

·
Registered
394 Posts
+1! Shifter feels great and snick-snick quick...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts