Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've bought an OEM RS5 front grille for my S5 and due to have it fitted in a few weeks (I'm not that brave!).

The seller has sent me the foam backing pad and parking sensor mounts but I'm not exactly sure how those need to be used during the fitting. Does anyone have a guide specifically looking at the parking sensor and pad fitment? I've not found anything which looks at those two aspects.

I'm keen to provide as much info to the garage as possible to get a good result first time round.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The foam pad goes over the crash bar BUT is not used with the RS grille. The crash bar is silver and shows badly through the RS grill. Just paint the bard with black spray paint.

(Be brave.....it's VERY easy to remove the bumper cover and change the grille.)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I fitted a 'copy' RS grille, hacked my foam part as it's not as deep on the RS grille as this adds some cushioning behind the grille if you accidently nudge the front. So not sure if the OEM RS grille would be as fiddly with the foam and parking sensors.

A mechanic/bodyshop should be able to work it out if they are decent! :)

It is quite easy! I also removed most of the cross section plastic for better flow onto my upgraded heat exchanger. But this is not on the pre-facelift models as I remember from when I fitted an RS grille to my 3.0TDi. That too was a 'copy', but it went straight on and came with a black plastic piece to cover the crash bar.

Here's my S5 with upgraded heat exchanger and RS grille.

The RS grille has the sensors in a slightly different position, so I had to cut the foam to get it to fit. Then spray painted it matt black as its a dark grey in colour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts