Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The finish is really good on this and I was pleasantly surprised that it just fits and all the holes lined up and I didn't have to cut or drill or trim anything. That is how ze Germans do things.
I'm looking forward to seeing your next invention! ?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yeah Reiger are a decent brand, so it should be a straight simple swap! :)

Yeah want to get in the garage and get on with it as the aluminium is coming this weekend for me to make the strut bars too!! But unluckily or luckily I can work from home so still have my day job to do! :)

Do you fancy a strut bar!?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don't know if I'd benefit from a strut bar as I never really use my car to its full potential and I've no intentions of putting it on a track. But if it's going to look nice and shiny then I might be interested ?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I don't know if I'd benefit from a strut bar as I never really use my car to its full potential and I've no intentions of putting it on a track. But if it's going to look nice and shiny then I might be interested ?
It's not on the edge feel, it's more feedback. I have my prototype on at the moment, although obviously I've not been able to get out to test it properly, the thing I did notice was a 'heavier' steering feel and a bit more direct feedback which adds to the driving experience rather than outright handling. It won't turn it into a BM for handling, but does add to a weighty feel. I'll be able to tell more from more drives, but only been out once with it fitted. That's the other thing, it is hidden under the scuttle cover with just the ends visible. It's more of a sleeper steering feedback type of mod.

It will be very similar to the CR-15 bar - Canyon Run CR-15 Front Strut Tower Brace, LHD (B8 B8.5 A4/S4/A5/S5/RS5)

Audi used to fit them to the older Audis like S2 - freont strut brace - S2Forum - The Audi S2 Community

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh ok well a bit more feedback is always welcome. Now I'm interested haha. Let me know how it feels to you.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Will do!(y)

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
46 Posts
Does a rear diffuser have any purpose for our car? Or is it mainly for aesthetics?
I do want to get an aftermarket rear diffuser too, but does an aftermarket diffuser have any purpose, other than for looks?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It is mainly for looks based on the look of proper diffusers used on supercars/race cars. Normally a flat smooth underbody, that tapers up with fins/diffusers at the rear to channel and control air underneath of the car, creating more stability at speed, maybe even some down force. But on ours, the air is too disruptive to be of any benefit, even with the plastic smooth panels underneath.

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
46 Posts
It is mainly for looks based on the look of proper diffusers used on supercars/race cars. Normally a flat smooth underbody, that tapers up with fins/diffusers at the rear to channel and control air underneath of the car, creating more stability at speed, maybe even some down force. But on ours, the air is too disruptive to be of any benefit, even with the plastic smooth panels underneath.
Ah. Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hello, I have the same style diffuser in carbon fibre. Did you have lips to clips running along top of diffuser as my carbon fibre one does not so am thinking it will be a bumper off job.

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by lips to clips but it does have tabs that stick out to slot into the holes across the top edge. I've noticed that some cheaper ones don't have these.
It fastens with the original 5 screws and also comes with instructions to fit 2 extra screws near the tailpipes which requires drilling into the bumper.
I didn't fit these as I don't think it needs them and it's perfectly secure.
There were some plastic spacers that came with it and longer screws. These are the 3 middle ones and are a little fiddly as the spacers go inside the diffuser.
If you have the same diffuser only in carbon it should fit snugly and securely and you don't need to remove the bumper.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by lips to clips but it does have tabs that stick out to slot into the holes across the top edge. I've noticed that some cheaper ones don't have these.
It fastens with the original 5 screws and also comes with instructions to fit 2 extra screws near the tailpipes which requires drilling into the bumper.
I didn't fit these as I don't think it needs them and it's perfectly secure.
There were some plastic spacers that came with it and longer screws. These are the 3 middle ones and are a little fiddly as the spacers go inside the diffuser.
If you have the same diffuser only in carbon it should fit snugly and securely and you don't need to remove the bumper.
Hope this helps.
Thabks for info but on my one the tabs have no lips to the end of them so it wont attach to bumper. Therefore I think I need to screw the tabs to bumper so it is secure. Wish I bought same one as you as its because its carbon there are no lips to the tabs.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I understand what you mean now and no mine doesn't have the lips to lock the tabs on like on the stock diffuser but it honestly doesn't need them it's still very secure and doesn't move.
I think Audi over engineered theirs as I reckon you could mount a towing hitch to the original diffuser.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Really. So your tabs dont have a lip to them either and you didnt need to screw any of them to bumper? As in flat tabs like pic. That's great then I'll try attach without removing bumper or screwing. Amazed it fits flush along top edge without any screws seeing as yours has not lips to attach it properly

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That certainly looks like it. Is yours a Rieger or a copy?
Yeah I was concerned about it like you but it's actually quite a tight fit and once screwed in through the normal holes it doesn't move anywhere. I've done a few miles since fitting with no issues.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The reason I ask if it's a copy is because there are no screw holes on the one in that picture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes it's a copy.how did you get side bolts out as there is no room! Got all top clips off tho and 3 bottom screws.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts