Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dave my S5 and the A5 are both black editions. And I have the factory spec manual here for 2013 A5.
Will check later as I am off to work

·
Registered
242 Posts
I looked at 50+ S5's on autotrader this morning from 2007 to 2015. Never seen 1 with metal strip on the valance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I looked at 50+ S5's on autotrader this morning from 2007 to 2015. Never seen 1 with metal strip on the valance.
Do you mean the aluminium bar across the OEM rear diffuser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yep Andy!
From what I have seen, the aluminium strip was only on pre-face lift models!?

Just trying to get an idea on when or why the strip wasn't fitted to all S5s, regardless of year. :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Ade, how easy is it to get the diffuser off? Is it just the 3 screws underneath, then pull on the clips across the top?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ade, how easy is it to get the diffuser off? Is it just the 3 screws underneath, then pull on the clips across the top?
There’s about 5 screws. Takes literally 5 mins - if it’s first time being removed, it takes a few wiggles and pulls. Don’t be too aggressive - it will come off

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yep Andy!
From what I have seen, the aluminium strip was only on pre-face lift models!?

Just trying to get an idea on when or why the strip wasn't fitted to all S5s, regardless of year. :)
Don’t understand that?.... I’ve just looked on eBay and first 2 S5 2014 and a 2015 have the strip. It was on all S5’s as far as I’m aware - you must go to to specsavers mate! Haha

·
Registered
511 Posts
...on closer scrutinisation, perhaps the convertibles were aluminium? Seen 2 sport backs and it was like a Matt grey colour, to match the rest of diffuser... but the strip is still there, just not aluminium.

Ps: the strip is easy to remove from the diffuser too - about 5 screws

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don’t understand that?.... I’ve just looked on eBay and first 2 S5 2014 and a 2015 have the strip. It was on all S5’s as far as I’m aware - you must go to to specsavers mate! Haha

Dave email me you address and I will send you some glasses ,no charge🤣

Thanks Andy that's what I have been trying to say all S5 have the strip. Some look silver others look grey. The official colour from Audi is platinum and the part no fits both early (2007) to later(2015) S5"s. The difference is the valance size.
Dave valance has 3 torx screws on the bottom attached to spare tyre well, then 2 further screws,1 on each side above your back tailpipe that connect to the side of the bumper.
Like Andy says 5 minute job as you just release the clips and it's off.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yep, all S5s have the strip, just in normal plastic matching the diffuser with a groove down the middle, but the pre-facelifts and V8s etc have an aluminium blade type strip. :)

Thanks, good to know it comes off easily. :)

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Lol spec savers eat yer heart out guys.......

21 - 31 of 31 Posts