Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any and/or all of these following problems with their S5? (I have had the car three weeks and put 2,000 miles on it.)

Look forward to your input, insights and possible solutions . . . it's going into the dealer mid-March but would like as much info as possible when dropping off to service.

Thanks in advance . . .

1. Loose Part Noise: Rear passenger area has a "loose part noise" near the exhaust area. This starts at 2800 and ends at 3300 RPM . . . first was only in 6th gear . . .now happens every gear during this RPM range.
2. Rattle: Underneath passenger side flooring when going over bump(s) as if something on suspension is loose.
3. Advanced Key Sensors: These worked for two weeks. No more.
4. Driver Side Seat Wiggles Up/Down: When getting in/out of seat it moves up/down by base of seat as if something is loose. The door side plastic structure holding up seat is bent, not flush with leather.

Going into the dealer soon but looking to see if, indeed, there are other people out there with some or all of these problems. Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Has anyone had any and/or all of these following problems with their S5? (I have had the car three weeks and put 2,000 miles on it.)

Look forward to your input, insights and possible solutions . . . it's going into the dealer mid-March but would like as much info as possible when dropping off to service.

Thanks in advance . . .

1. Loose Part Noise: Rear passenger area has a "loose part noise" near the exhaust area. This starts at 2800 and ends at 3300 RPM . . . first was only in 6th gear . . .now happens every gear during this RPM range.
2. Rattle: Underneath passenger side flooring when going over bump(s) as if something on suspension is loose.
4. Driver Side Seat Wiggles Up/Down: When getting in/out of seat it moves up/down by base of seat as if something is loose. The door side plastic structure holding up seat is bent, not flush with leather.

Going into the dealer soon but looking to see if, indeed, there are other people out there with some or all of these problems. Thanks.
Don't have any of the issues you mention. Looks like you got a dud. Bring it back and ask for a new one....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If you are finding that it works still with the boot and the start button but it is just driver/passenger door then this is a common fault.

Mine stopped working for about 10 days and then worked fine again afterwards. The dealer just got replacement sensors in after a long wait as they were on back order (which also suggests common fault). However, they are now not going to fit them as the fault isnt showing. The dealership will be able to plugin and see what the fault is. The circuit was showing as left open on mine. Which they cleared but the fault appeared again later that night.

My guess was that it was linked to the heavy rain we had as I was told when they were repairing the alarm (whcih also went wrong for me) that it had got damp. We havent had any proper rain for about 4 weeks and being in the dryest place in the country means it may be a while before I put my theory to the test.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your input. Helps to know that advanced key door sensors are common problem so I can give heads up to dealer re: parts prior to bringing in. Looks like suspension, loose part noises and broken driver seat are not common at all . . . there is a "lemon law" (protects buyers from dud cars) in Ohio, USA, but not sure if these problems constitute a replacement . . . I will look into it and post any relevant findings. Thanks again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't have any of the issues you mention. Looks like you got a dud. Bring it back and ask for a new one....
If you think Audi should replace your car for those reasons your crazy. Those types of issues are easily fixed, your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
1) or probably 2) - I've developed a rattle (more of a knocking sound) from the nearside (passenger side in the UK) of the car - hard to pinpoint where it is - sounds about midships but can't tell whether it's bodywork or under the car/suspension. Seems at its worst when the car's cold, so suspecting the former (although with suspension and exhaust work recently carried out, could be related to that somehow). Have done the obvious like re-setting the passenger seat back, folding the rear seats and putting them back again in case something was unsecured, but to no avail. Also jacked the car up yesterday and took a look underneath, but again, nothing obvious

I'm taking it back in to the tuning company on Friday on another matter and will ask them to check it out then.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I haven't had any of the problems you describe in 1-3 (have had the car since 12/31 and put 3,000 miles on so far. I have experienced a slight driver's seat wobble at times. See my posts in Bobbymets' thread http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/any-problems-your-1060/index.html for a listing of the three issues I noted with my car after delivery, as well as for a good compilation of specific complaints and general kvetches by the body of S5 owers to compare what you are experiencing to what everyone else has.

Of my 3 issues listed in the thread noted: (i) I'm waiting until spring to change back to the tires and wheels the car came with to determine if the vibration issue is a vehicle or wheels/tires issue, (ii) the dealer replaced the BT module, which fixed the bluetooth problem; and (iii) the car is in the shop right now as the dealer replaces the seat rails to cure the wobbles. My dealer's General Manager drives an S5 and he has the same seat wobble issue. It may be endemic with the earlier-shipped cars. Ask your dealer to order you new rails.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmmm, I think so but not directly after. Pretty sure it must be related though. I'll report back on Friday.
Thats what scares me about mods - sometimes theres unwanted side effects :(

But that Milltek sound...........:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks for the sanity check . . . yea, I'm hoping these are easy fixes.

No problem just bring it back and I'm sure they will take care of it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just picked up my car yesterday after the dealer replaced my seat rails. The seat is rock solid now. Now rocking at all.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just picked up my car yesterday after the dealer replaced my seat rails. The seat is rock solid now. Now rocking at all.
I think the rocking was related to a loose cerebral screw which also led to buying snows when you haven't had more than 5 snowflakes all winter:p :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the rocking was related to a loose cerebral screw which also led to buying snows when you haven't had more than 5 snowflakes all winter:p :D
:D I actually took a friendly swipe at you in that 19-year-old kid's "I-get-everything-from-my-daddy-but-it's-still-not-enough-and-I'm-bored-with-my-already-great-A6-that-I-got-from-him-so-maybe-I-should-break-into-his checkbook-again-and-buy-an-S5" thread. And we've gotten at least 6 flakes already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't jinx us. We still have to get through March! I work in Union and have to drive back and forth on the weekends, which is always when it seems to snow. I got lucky they missed the forecast last week and we never got the 1"-4" they were calling for.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts