Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was killing time playing the old Forza 2 on Xbox, and decided to snap a couple of in-game pics:

Yes I'm a big geek who still plays video games (and am anxious for my car to arrive, so am enjoying the simulation in the meantime).

-Ray

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Pretty cool, those brakes are well lit !! My son wants me to get this game for his birthday, is it any good ?

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Best readily-available driving game game on any console. It may not look as good as Gran Turismo, but it plays a million times better.
Thanks for that Crespo, I'll go right out and get it.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, Forza2 is getting on in age now, but the gameplay is great, and you can download vehicle updates from X-Box Live, which is how I got the S5 in the game (March '08 vehicle pack). The R8 is in the December pack I believe.

<geek notes>
Some observations: my Supra buddies and I all like to dial in our actual suspension settings used on the road (camber, toe, spring rate, etc) and the game has been surprisingly accurate in terms of simulating what the car actually drives like. If the S5 in the game is equally accurate, then the car does actually tend to oversteer when you toss it into a corner, which you can cancel out with gradual throttle. The RS4 in the game does not exhibit this behavior; it's more like a heavy Subaru (mostly wants to go straight until you really tweak the suspension), whereas the S5 actually feels more like a heavy Gallardo. It's also worth noting that you can swap in the RS4 engine or the old 2.7TT to see what that's like. =P
</geek notes>

-Ray

· Registered
643 Posts
Driving in this game feels like a real test-drive with most cars. The ones you think will understeer, understeer. The throttle is extremely controllable thanks to the superb triggers on the 360's controller, allowing for drifts, throttle-on and -off oversteer, carefully metering out the power out of turns, etc. I play with all assists off (including ABS - the brake modulation is equally good with the left trigger, and the more it vibrates the closer you are to locking up the tires), and it is truly the most complete, exploitable driving game I've ever played on any console.

Again, GT5 looks GORGEOUS on the PS3, but Forza 2 still plays infinitely better.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took a new one at the 'Ring. It bothered me that Forza doesn't add the DRL's, so I drew them in myself in photoshop.

-Ray

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last one I promise... (tidying up my draw-in-the-LEDs technique)

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still a gamer at heart too. Is Forza2 the only game where the A/S5 appears?
Yep as far as I know. It doesn't even come with the game, you have to download an update from X-Box Live, though that is a cool feature for the game to stay 'current'.

-Ray

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have forza motorsport too and i don't have the s5 in it. its not in the game at all for me. is this some mod or something
You have to buy the updates from X-Box Live. I forget which update has the S5 in it, but they tell you which cars your getting before you download it.

-Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.