Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my S5 in Meteor Grey today.

The MMI is fantastic one of the best systems I have used, the B&O is much better than the Bose sytems I had in other vehicles. Bluetooth phone kit is brilliant, you can search your phonebook and pretty much use the system as you would your phone. The Ipod integration is excellent, again you can use the controls in pretty much the same way you use your Ipod, the dispaly shows all your files and the title of tracks and the DIS shows track name too. Audi seem lightyears ahead of the competition with the useability of teh MMI and AMI. The advanced key option works well, but the standard key is cool too.

The car drives really well, as you will have read elsewhere, first gear takes a bit of getting used too and I found 3rd tricky whenI was giving the car some stick.

The interior is really well thought out with all the controls very ergonomic and well constructed, quite the norm for Audi.

The suspension seems pretty sorted too, certainly not as harsh as my first TT, I was impressed by the steering and more to the point how the S5 cornered.

I can't wait to take it for another spin in the morning

MPG is showing around 19

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the world of S5 ownership. I am sure you will be extremely pleased with it for the duration of your ownership. Your MPG is not out of the ordinary by the way. I have averaged 17.7 MPG over 1700 miles, however I tend to only do short trips at the moment.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your car. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome. I would not be too concerned with fuel economy since I got the car 2 weeks and 2 days ago I have filled up 3 times averaged about 200 per tank. Alot of fun though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's acouple of interior shots, when I first viewed the car.

Apologies for the picture quality, they're from my phone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI: Gas Mileage Converter

http://www.markporthouse.net/rangie/fuelconsumptionconversion.htm#

This is for all of U.S. based drivers wondering exactly what the U.K. mileage reports mean for us. I've been averaging 15.6 u.s. and now on my third tank of gas, but most of it is still stop and go city driving...every time I get it out on a highway, within 20 miles, I'm climbing above 19 mpg...In the end, I expect it all to average out right in the middle of DOT/EPA estimate for hte car, which is 14/21.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well we had so many faulty cars coming into the country, we decided it would be easier to just accept it and drive on the left instead. ;)

...Now everyone sends us their reject cars that have been assembled with the steering wheel on the right.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its the German way of getting their own back. Who says Germans have no sense of humour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheel on wrong side

I had the wheel put there because the start button was on the wrong side when it was delivered;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had the wheel put there because the start button was on the wrong side when it was delivered;)
Best response yet.

It looks like you went with the aluminum trim. How is it holding up so far to scratches and dents? I have the carbon and it is not denting but the finish is scratching easily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Alu trim

I like the brushed trim, I've not the car long enough to suffer dents or scratches (are you listening wifey!!)

My Business partner has the stainless trim, that looks pretty good too.

I would imagine you can remove scratches from polished trim using the stuff you can use on ipod screens, I've only ever tried this on my Pioneer plasma surround, that scratches if you look at it too harshly.

Overall I think audi interiors are amongst the best out there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sub, congrats. My buggy's due on these shores Wednesday and in the Motor City next week. How long did it take to do the dealer delivery ritual? And are there owner-chosen settings I'll want to do while I'm there?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Watch that first gear ( see my post trail re this ) and let me know if yours is the same.

Cheers,

Graham. S5 meteor grey, silver int and lots of toys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Handover ritual

The handover took 90mins.
The dealer gave me an Autoglym valeting pack and they included paint and seat protection as part of my deal:)

I was very impressed with Leeds Audi and in particular Simon, it is one of the few car buying experiences that has been a joy from start to finish, they delivered everything (and more) that they said they would.

Mypartners handover took about 2 hours to complete including Champagne!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Honestly if I had wanted I could have done my paperwork in about 5 minutes tops and been back out the door with my car. However I spent 1 hour or more in the car with the saleslady going over everything. The longest in car process was setting up the Sirius radio. It took 3 minutes. Bluetooth connection was 1 minute. Everything was flawless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.