Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Belgian tuner has a performance upgrade available for a reasonable price : 375 HP for around 1000 € (they also supply and advise the BMC air filer, a stage 2 tuning adds a catback exhaust for a total of 385 HP).

See : http://www.autotuneheinz.be/ then tuning and choose the car.

My S5 is on order since April, due for end December and I'm very interested in having it 'chipped' and apply the BMC filter.

My question however is : does it make a difference ?

Did any of you compare a chipped S5 with a regular one, is it noticable faster, will it add a little more juse to keep up with an M3 or 911 between the red-lights and give them a hard team especially in rainy circumstances (I know a new M3 DCT is out of our league, but ...) ?

I hope either of you at least compared a chipped S5 vs. a regular one !

Regards

· Registered
1,374 Posts
354 HP to 375 HP will hardly be noticeable. The remap that many of the UK members have had does slightly improve HP but its more noticeable on the torque and response than anything else.

· Registered
384 Posts
Not worth it, wait for the supercharger to come out.

· Registered
198 Posts
I certainly noticed a difference when I had my car custom-tuned (I already had the Milltek cat-back installed pre-tune/dyno testing). Full review here:

http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/30040.phtml

Given how heavy our cars are, 25+HP isn't going to shave 1/2 a second off the 0-60 but the car does now feel like it simply has more displacement. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely do the tuning again :D

· Registered
2,046 Posts
I conclude that :

a. non of you has compared his remapped S5 with a stock one
b. it feels faster but it isn't faster.

not realy worth the money imho !!!
'
Not correct.

Several have had before and after dynos. Timed runs have definately come down and there's also a lot to be said for 'feel', with a more responsive engine and quicke uptake after shifts, the car comes 'alive'. We all accept that this level of tuning on a N/A engine will never yield ground-breaking results, but the all-round gains are worth every penny IMHO, after driving a stock one that was loan from the dealer recently, I couldn't believe how 'slow' it 'felt'.

· Registered
198 Posts

· Registered
436 Posts
After exhaust and downpipes, and the next day getting a Stage 1 + Plus (basically a stage 2) I noticed that the car was noticably faster and indeed its more responsive and throttle responsiveness is superb..

I have the BMC filter shipping now and it will be very interesting to see if it allows the car to breathe like I suspect it will.. If you open up and increase the out flow of exhaust and make it "exhale" more, you must also allow it to "inhale" more.. Forced air or RAM air.. Nah.. Just BMC filter it and get a larger inhale to match the larger exhale.. Allows the S5 to breathe...

:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.