Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Just placed my order for a Meteor Grey S5 with all the goodies, except adaptive cruise control. Was on the fence between Deep Sea Blue and Meteor Grey but figured grey would be a little easier maintenance wise. So now my wait begins...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and congrats! Yep, I think you made the right decision going with Meteor as far as lower maintenance compared to the DSB.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TX! It was several of your posts that helped me make my final selection of options. I really appreciate all you contribute to the board.

Andrew, although my dealership hasn't gotten allocation yet, they said it should be 8-9 months. I called a few dealerships in the area and they all gave me the same estimate of late 1st quarter, early 2nd 2009.

15DGR V6, Thanks! I got the black leather interior with carbon atlas trim.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a call from my dealer today. Audi has accepted the order and has assigned a build date of February 2009... Just wish they'd sneak a 3rd generation MMI in. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After about two months of staring at photos of S5s and seeing Meteor Grey in person (on a TT) I called the dealership today and had them change the color to Daytona Grey. I will be eating cereal from now till delivery to pay for it.

Wismie, deserthawk and BBT (where ever you may be) you're all bad influences! ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LOL! :D Even though that color is going to cost you a couple grand extra, I don't think you'll have any regrets for choosing it. That color on the car is stunning, IMO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh, just got a call from the dealer. When they called to change the color they were told it's already built! Not that I hate Meteor but I really wanted Daytona... Oh well.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Wow... talk about bumping up your build date! Your car went from a targeted February '09 build date to it already being built! That's a pretty big jump.

Bummer about your inability to change the color now. But at least your car will be arriving sooner now, so that's the positive side.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to the dealership and expressed some disappointment at the fact they didn't call me before it went into production as the recently departed Audi manager said they would.

The new Audi manager said an Audi Exclusive order could take months longer than a standard order then offered to change a new allocation they had gotten to Daytona Grey and so the wait (and cereal eating) begins again...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LOL! Well, great... I guess. Sounds like you'll be happier in the end now, even if you have to wait a bit longer. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
The main thing is to get what you want and not what someone else didnt't get. The wait will be well worth it. At least it was for me and most others. Whenever it does get here, the closer it is to what you wanted, the longer you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
In my opinion the extra wait for a color isn't worth it. Meteor gray is a great looking color. It's just a color and I'd rather be behind that V8 sooner than later.

·
Registered
432 Posts
In my opinion the extra wait for a color isn't worth it. Meteor gray is a great looking color. It's just a color and I'd rather be behind that V8 sooner than later.
I disagree with you. This car is mucho $$$ and you should get whatever it is that you want and exactly that. While I get anxious for mine to show up (especially after seeing Tx's car again.......), its worth the wait to get what I want.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I disagree with Rezox too, Meteor and Ibis are my least liked colours on A/S5. There is also a 'German Racing Beige' colour which looks naff in the brochure but not seen in real life fortunately.

Go with the colour you want IMHO. (My choice at present as old stagers know is Phantom every time)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm in no real rush to get the car and after seeing Meteor Grey in person it really wasn't to my liking. If I'm going to be shelling out north of $60k for a car I want to love every bit of it. A friend of mine got a great deal on a Corvette that was a color he didn't care for and he wound up hating the car because of it. Fortunately for me, there's only one S5 in the area so far and I've only seen it once. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah.. color is important!... I got an A5-Sline Misano Red... People keep comming into the audi dealer saying they see a Red S5 spotting! haha I know its mine.. since its the only one in the area of over 100 miles

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah.. color is important!... I got an A5-Sline Misano Red... People keep comming into the audi dealer saying they see a Red S5 spotting! haha I know its mine.. since its the only one in the area of over 100 miles
Colour is very important. :cool:

Did anyone understand the rest of Lewy's post.:confused:.... maybe its getting late..:eek:

RG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Arrived Early!

After a wait that seemed like forever, I got a call from my Audi dealer yesterday saying my new S5 had arrived and would be ready to pick up this evening. I swear, today seemed to drag on forever. Shot out of work and headed over to the dealership and there it was... I must say that if you're pondering paying extra for Daytona Grey -- Go for it! The color is amazing on the S5 and I am so glad I got it over the Meteor Grey (no offense!)

I'm going to be brown bagging lunch for the next four years, but will be smiling the whole time! Sorry for the iPhone picture. I will be taking high-res photos shortly!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts