Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Can't add images sorry I will try again later

See Images

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Not sure if your trying to put a picture up from another website or from your computer. But if its from your computer you need to do the following...

1. Make sure you have clicked on 'Go advanced' at the bottom of the reply box.
2. There is a paper clip icon
in the tool bar at the top of the reply text box if you click on this it will open another window to let you upload the file into your post.

Now if your trying to link from a website you need to...

1. Click this icon

2. A pop-up box will appear so that you can put the image url into it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for those instructions I've tried it but now its saying to much mem on download can you help again please ???
Regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many Thanks
regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got Your pm did you receive my e mail if not can I try again??

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes but it has deleted from my pc it has not saved & when I opened your pm again to re email you it said you don't receive emails please post an other pm Regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tryed Again !!
Hope you got it that time

Regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank You Again Houseofg Very Kind of you to do that for me !

Can I now ask the question again s5 or A5??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thanks for helping out with posting the pics, houseofg.

Golfdeeko, a couple of other things that differentiate the A5 and S5 on the exterior are the quad exhaust tips on the S5 and also the vertical chrome accents on the front grille.

Interestingly, this particular S5 doesn't have the mirrors with the aluminum finish. But then, I've noticed that before on some other pics I've run across on autogspot.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think its a fake...

It looks to me like an S5... except the mirrors and the Y spoke alloys.

For me, I notice the lower front bumper first. On the S5, the fog lamps are in the middle of the pretend disk vents. On the A5, the fog lamps are at the top and actually break into the bumper area a little. Additionally, the 'disk vent' is a different shape at the grill end, following the line of the grill towards the centre of the car, before cutting back out again... the A5 just slopes down and out. SO this car does have an S5 bumper (fender for those in the US!) However, this bumber could be bolted on to any A5.

The other bits of trim tell too, but these could be stuck on any A5. however, the integrated bootlid (trunk lid?? un the US??) spoiler is more pronounced on the S5 and this would be an expensive thing to do to a regular A5 to swap this.... to me, this looks like the regular A5 bootlid.... which makes me think this may be a fake S5.

I'm am confused by the seats, it's not terribly clear, but they look to me like the regular sports seats (not integrated headrest), which surprises me... why would anyone change those lovely seats for cheaper ones? ... can anyone else tell? ... the plot thickens

OK... does it have S5 badges brake calipers? (also expensive swap)

What about the S5 logo on the instrument dials... or the steering wheel... surely no one would change those to make it look like an S5?

... have you heard it running? is it a V8? That's got to be the big reveal!

Finally, if you have a tape measure handy, the S5 wheels are both 10 mm further forward in the chassis, so the distance between the rear wheels and the rear of the car is increased to 1024mm and at the front from wheels to bumper, deacresed to 850mm. ;)

:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is my car. I'm trying to post an explanation for the question, a bit of the thread was lost by the fiasco I had getting the pictures posted.however all will be explained very shortly.
My internet connection keeps failing everytime I' half way through my reply

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I think its a fake...

It looks to me like an S5... except the mirrors and the Y spoke alloys.

For me, I notice the lower front bumper first. On the S5, the fog lamps are in the middle of the pretend disk vents. On the A5, the fog lamps are at the top and actually break into the bumper area a little. Additionally, the 'disk vent' is a different shape at the grill end, following the line of the grill towards the centre of the car, before cutting back out again... the A5 just slopes down and out. SO this car does have an S5 bumper (fender for those in the US!) However, this bumber could be bolted on to any A5.

The other bits of trim tell too, but these could be stuck on any A5. however, the integrated bootlid (trunk lid?? un the US??) spoiler is more pronounced on the S5 and this would be an expensive thing to do to a regular A5 to swap this.... to me, this looks like the regular A5 bootlid.... which makes me think this may be a fake S5.

I'm am confused by the seats, it's not terribly clear, but they look to me like the regular sports seats (not integrated headrest), which surprises me... why would anyone change those lovely seats for cheaper ones? ... can anyone else tell? ... the plot thickens

OK... does it have S5 badges brake calipers? (also expensive swap)

What about the S5 logo on the instrument dials... or the steering wheel... surely no one would change those to make it look like an S5?

... have you heard it running? is it a V8? That's got to be the big reveal!

Finally, if you have a tape measure handy, the S5 wheels are both 10 mm further forward in the chassis, so the distance between the rear wheels and the rear of the car is increased to 1024mm and at the front from wheels to bumper, deacresed to 850mm. ;)

:)
IanH,

Surprised you didn't spot that if it were a genuine S5 then it would also be 3mm lower!:D :D :D

Have you spotted that in the price brochure, the figures for the overall length of the S5 don't add up? I don't think the S5 is 10mm longer than an A5, just the front wheel centre is moved forward, so the wheelbase should be 10mm longer too and the rear overhang should be the same.

That'll be my OCD making an appearance again then:D

Glad I'm not the only one who notices all these little differences between models. One of my favourite games is trying to guess what is under the bonnet of debadged cars I'm following - you can usually tell from the exhausts with BMWs and Audis, although it is getting harder these days...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.