Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I am looking to replace my 52 plate A4 3.0 convertible (multitronic) and have have test driven the S5. AMAZING performance no doubt but the A5 3.2Quattro is coming out in the UK soon. The 3.0 lite A4 that I have now is also very quick and very powerful. So Im thinking maybe I should just go forthe A5 3.2 Quattro instead of the S5. What do other members think? I found the following article too: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_3190.shtml

Does anyone know when the first 3.2 Quattro RHD cars will hit the UK dealers?Also, is the outside styling very differewnt from the S5?

The 3.2 Quattro will doubtless give a smoother ride and better fuel economy than the S5 and the interior spec list seems nice but then again it doesnt sound as good and lets face it you dont buy an S5 if you are worried about fuel economy (or a 3.2 for that matter).

Oh dear... decisions..decisions..decisions...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Not sure about when the 3.2 Quattro will come here (assuming your uk from thr reg plate..if you could update your location please)

If you check this link: http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3572109 you will see for Europe there is no mention of it in the near future, but U would ask the ddealer if they have any idea if it is coming at all.

As for 3.2 vs S5 well its a bit ore than just a different engine, yes the S5 drinks more juice but it is a different package at the end of the day. I suggest you try out a 3.0TDi to see how you find it in comparison to the S5. I know its a diesel but you will get a better idea of the A5 in comparison to the S5.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi there.

I am looking to replace my 52 plate A4 3.0 convertible (multitronic) and have have test driven the S5. AMAZING performance no doubt but the A5 3.2Quattro is coming out in the UK soon. The 3.0 lite A4 that I have now is also very quick and very powerful. So Im thinking maybe I should just go forthe A5 3.2 Quattro instead of the S5. What do other members think? I found the following article too: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_3190.shtml

Does anyone know when the first 3.2 Quattro RHD cars will hit the UK dealers?Also, is the outside styling very differewnt from the S5?

The 3.2 Quattro will doubtless give a smoother ride and better fuel economy than the S5 and the interior spec list seems nice but then again it doesnt sound as good and lets face it you dont buy an S5 if you are worried about fuel economy (or a 3.2 for that matter).

Oh dear... decisions..decisions..decisions...:rolleyes:
I went through the same thought process as the 3.2 was supposed to start production in October.
If you compare like-for-like specs its makes it at least 37k making the S5 better value for money. I have the feeling the 3.2 will not be successfull in the UK as it is priced exactly the same as the 3.0 TDi, but will be less economical and not that much better than an S5. Its residuals will be worse than both TDi and S5 (as it will not be as sort after as the S5).
Go for the S5 you will not regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts