Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to find out how many S5's Audi have sold in the USA against what have been delivered? The delivered numbers look really low what I have seen on this and other boards. I'm just wondering if Audi actually have sold a lot of them as they are talking about high demand for S5.

Tonny

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm not sure that it's possible to compute that, but we can infer that on average every audi dealer probably has as many S5s on order as have been delivered, i think a 1:2 supply to demand ratio wouldn't be too far off the mark, if not conservative.. of course those are numbers i completely plucked from my arse, but they sound realistic to me.. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is about what my thinking is. What I have seen on different boards is that less then 1000 S5 has been delivered
Then thinking that another 2000 is on order I would not call that a high demand for a $60K car on the US market.

Tonny

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think your averages are way off! It may be just one data point, but at my dealership they have delivered 2 S5s so far, and I know I am 6th in line waiting for allocation. Now, I ordered mine back in December, so even if this dealership has taken no aditional orders in 4 months the ratio of ordered to delivered is at least 3:1. I bet 6:1 may be more realistic. Audi has just been blown away with the demand for this car in the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts