Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First-time buyer of an Aldi S5 Convertible used 2013, low miles only 4000 miles in past 3 years bought from Rep dealer total miles 53K. Oil services each year mainly, with a gearbox oil replacement 2 years ago.
I guess a leading service is due, in terms of priority what should be done this time round, follow-ups will be done.
Help and advice would be welcome about winter tyres and the best spec for these

Phil O'Connor

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Phil me ol fruit cake welcome on board!!!! Read stuff on here. You need to give your car loads of TLC in my opinion. Winter tyres are not made in 19 inch format you need to purchase a set of steel wheels for the winter in 17 or 18 and fit a set of tyres either winter or 4 season onto those wheels. Ha

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Mate I would still suggest that u purchase a set of steel wheels and swap wheels instead of tyres.

· Registered
2015 Audi B8.5 S5 Sportback 3.0TFSI
30 Posts
At the moment I use a set of Pirelli Sottozero 3 245/40 on 18 inch alloy wheels, but I had to use them on snow just once this year till now. They did work well so far.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I just put my winter wheels on last night ready for the 2mm of snow that's coming :)

19 inch Michelin Alpins Yes Simon winter 19s ;) ) on a spare set of wheels from my old A5 3.0tdi. Got the Michelins off Ebay, only done 1000 miles for a trip to Austria on an RS4 Avant. Should have been nearly £1k, but paid £400 - you can get some good nearly new winter tyres as they don't get used much.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Got an exact same set of newly refurbished set for sale too, ready for some winter tyres! Make me an offer! :)

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Dave she looks stunning!!! I have a lovely Vito van which came with 16" steel wheels. So I now run these with a set of winter tyres and I found a set of lovely 16" alloys off an E class Merc and had them refinished in gunmetal grey, and these have my summer tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts