Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I am planning on getting new exhausts for my S5, but I want to know what the difference between Milltek Jet tips and Milltek Special tips is. I'd prefer the Jets (they look thicker than the special and therefore are more aesthetically pleasing), but both are the same price. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Difference between "jet" and "special" tip explained here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, thanks.

I like the slanted cut of the Special tips but I'd prefer the thickness of the Jet, as the Special are too thin for my taste..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
same here

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Jet tips look stock to me. Special FTW!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I originally went with the Special tips, also feeling that the Jet's looked to 'stock and as they were rolled-in, seemed to lose some ove the pipe diameter. However, after a few months I became p*ssed-off that unless they were completely clean and polished, they were a bit 'invisible' from the rear and I like my big fat tailpipes to be visible from a distance for Chrissake!

So I eventually had them replaced (cut off the Specials and welded-on replacements) with my choice of tips (loosely modelled on the AWE tips) from a local exhaust dealer. Look is now as in my avatar and below - far more 'Eat my fumes' than before, although I've probably traded a couple of mill in terms of diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So I eventually had them replaced (cut off the Specials and welded-on replacements) with my choice of tips (loosely modelled on the AWE tips) from a local exhaust dealer. Look is now as in my avatar and below - far more 'Eat my fumes' than before, although I've probably traded a couple of mill in terms of diameter.
Your replacement tips look good! :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Thx TX, I'm not totally happy with them (I'm never totally happy, with anything...) and was recently thinking about having a couple of custom back-boxes made so I can get the look just right.

But since you like them, I'll probably stick with what I have.;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
BTW... The 'special' tips are louder than the jet.

Don't ask me why!

It's just an observation!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
BTW... The 'special' tips are louder than the jet.

Don't ask me why!

It's just an observation!
Or could it perhaps be wishful thinking? ;) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts