Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I secured a demo grey/magma here in NJ and will be taking delivery in late feb (Got 2k off the sticker but it has 700 miles). I was curious about whether I should get the maintenance for 590. You many liters of oil does an oil change take, and what is the recommended Maintenance schedule?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In addidtion to his question I read in the brochure that the S5 holds somthing like 11.2 quarts oil??? Am I confused because this seems like and absurd amount.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't know about oil capacities, etc off the top of my head, but the Audi Care seems to be a no-bariner. I got it for my car.

Number2, where are you getting your car from? I live in Central Jersey and got my S5 from Bell in Rahway.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The S5 oil capacity (with filter change) is 9.6 quarts or 9.1 liters. This from the S5 Owner's Manual (N. America edition).

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am getting it from Bells in Rahway. Still can't decide if for this money I should just be ordering it instead... Or just wait until S5's are delivered and people bail on their orders.

10 quarts, I guess this is a dry sump? What is the interval (miles) for maintenance? Is it 20k like a BMW or the normal 5k?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Get the Audi Care.

Oil change is 9.6 US quarts. I just changed my oil and this was right on the mark. I uses 5w-40 synthetic oil. I used Mobil 1 oil and factory filter and crush washer. First oil change was $85 in parts and oil. I did my own labor and have facilities for used oil.

Per the book oil changes are 5k for first, 15k for second and +15k thereafter. Other services are to be done at these times. The $600 for Audi Care is cheap. Things like wiper blades, windshield washer fluid, etc. will all be replaced for you. It is a good deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Been lurking for a while, first post though. I also secured a Gray/Magma dealer car from Palisades Audi in Westchester (NY). The cool thing is that they kept theirs indoors and refused to let people drive it; so even though I don't get it until late Feb, it's a brand new car. They threw in Audi care, but I paid full sticker... anybody buy wheel/tire insurance? I'm going to get it for sure, methinks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Been lurking for a while, first post though. I also secured a Gray/Magma dealer car from Palisades Audi in Westchester (NY). The cool thing is that they kept theirs indoors and refused to let people drive it; so even though I don't get it until late Feb, it's a brand new car. They threw in Audi care, but I paid full sticker... anybody buy wheel/tire insurance? I'm going to get it for sure, methinks.
Congratulations on your purchase.
What options are on the dealer cars? What interior trim?
No wheel/ tire insurance was offered to me.
Getting Audi Care tossed in is a deal. S5 are still MSRP and getting anything for free is a deal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am getting it from Bells in Rahway. Still can't decide if for this money I should just be ordering it instead... Or just wait until S5's are delivered and people bail on their orders.

10 quarts, I guess this is a dry sump? What is the interval (miles) for maintenance? Is it 20k like a BMW or the normal 5k?
Number2,

Bell is a terriffic dealer. This is my third car from them, and although they took me to the cleaners on this car (I was expecting it, I placed my S5 order before the pricing was even announced so I knew I was going to pay sticker with no room for haggling) they gave me great deals on my last two A4s. What's more, their salesmen really love and know their cars well -- Tom Poulin, the sales manager drives a black S5, and Don Thompson, the manager, is coming off an RS6 into an S5 -- and their service department its really terriffic. You'll be very happy, and tell them I said so, Jeff Schreiber.

BTW, if you're buying their demo, I've driven your car and it is screwed tightly together. You'll love it. (Although I thought Don told me he was buying the demo, so he may have decided to just get a brand new one.)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought the wheel/tire insurance. For what these wheels cost, it is a good deal too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.
What options are on the dealer cars? What interior trim?
No wheel/ tire insurance was offered to me.
Getting Audi Care tossed in is a deal. S5 are still MSRP and getting anything for free is a deal.
Agreed, although you should also be able to get them to throw in the iPod cable and save yourself the $60.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I secured a demo grey/magma here in NJ and will be taking delivery in late feb (Got 2k off the sticker but it has 700 miles). I was curious about whether I should get the maintenance for 590. You many liters of oil does an oil change take, and what is the recommended Maintenance schedule?

Thanks.
It's alive!!! So I decided to revive this post with the answer to the last question. Attached is the 2008 Maintenance Schedule (pdf).

Enjoy.
C.

Edit: Well, it looks like the PDF attachment doesn't want to work.

Andrew, is there something special I am missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get the Audi Care.

Oil change is 9.6 US quarts. I just changed my oil and this was right on the mark. I uses 5w-40 synthetic oil. I used Mobil 1 oil and factory filter and crush washer. First oil change was $85 in parts and oil. I did my own labor and have facilities for used oil.

Per the book oil changes are 5k for first, 15k for second and +15k thereafter. Other services are to be done at these times. The $600 for Audi Care is cheap. Things like wiper blades, windshield washer fluid, etc. will all be replaced for you. It is a good deal.
What size is the crush washer you used?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts