Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting together a list of features that I want on my Audi prior to placing my order. My dealer isn’t taking any orders until January/March, which isn’t a problem because I want the automatic transmission. After looking on the forum and Audiusa.com site I have seen some inconsistencies on the listed optional features and some features on the cars in this forum.

Does anyone have/ or know if the following options are available for a US S5?

1. Adaptive cruise control
  2. Audi lane assist
  3. Adaptive air suspension

Second could someone post some detailed pictures of the glove box and where the medical kit is stored? I just purchased a K40 Bluetooth radar system, in which I’m getting idea’s for the installation now. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
So far I believe the cars that are in the US right now don't have these options. I know mine doesn't. I haven't seen any first-aid kit in mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! No first aid kit in the S5? Both my A4 and A6 had first aid kits; I find them to be very handy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine is spec'ed in France, but mine has cruise control standard, but not ADAPTIVE cruise control, lane assist is an option (and not very useful based on friends that have it in a Q7) and adaptive air suspension is not an option available as of yet, but more than likely part of the active ride package.

Mine came with a basic first aid kit int he rear armest console.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
So far I believe the cars that are in the US right now don't have these options. I know mine doesn't. I haven't seen any first-aid kit in mine.
If you didnt take the load-through option then your first aid kit will be located in the centre of the rear seats. Fold down the arm rest and then the plastic flap and it should be there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you send some pictures? I'm itching to get started, but there isn’t even going to be a demo vehicle in my area for at least another few weeks if not more for me to test.

Here is a great install of a K40 system in a BMW 330xi; I like how the warning lights are integrated into the turn signals. I’m thinking about doing the same…

http://www.janixworld.com/330xi/k40/

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see this as a must have item, because I know I'll have a speeding problem with this car.

I'm wondering how the dash instrument cluster is removed. Are any of the technician manuals out yet?:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
None of those options are available right now.
Also, there is no First Aid kit in the US spec S5. A friend told be his B7 A4 did not have a firstaid kit either...
I also wish they had kept the fold-down grocery hooks in the trunk and the hazard reflector, but those are not included either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder what the deal is with the new Audi models, these are all standard features that almost seem kind of weird not to include. Is it about saving money; because it seems these aren't high cost manufacturing items?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I see this as a must have item, because I know I'll have a speeding problem with this car.

I'm wondering how the dash instrument cluster is removed. Are any of the technician manuals out yet?:confused:
I used to mount my Valentine 1 detector in a hidden location as well but as recent audis have become more electronically complex with more complex panels my audi technicians are reluctant to mess with the panels and electronics so I have mounted in just above the dash and hidden the cord as much as possible:( I will say that I love the V1 with its arrows and like you I wouldn't be without a detector. Look at the "tiger-Lily" setup at www.1stradardetectors.com with 2 V1s and laser reflecting equipment--$2800:eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wonder what the deal is with the new Audi models, these are all standard features that almost seem kind of weird not to include. Is it about saving money; because it seems these aren't high cost manufacturing items?
What sedan or coupe are these standard on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm also wondering about the "cargo net." I had expected that this was included on the basis of lots of pictures which have them. I can't find one in my S5 unless it's under the battery under the spare under the panel in the trunk....

Has anyone had a cargo net included. Groceries are a pain enough to buy without them being spread all over the trunk.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Has anyone had a cargo net included. Groceries are a pain enough to buy without them being spread all over the trunk.
No cargo net in the boot on mine. Ski bag which isnt much use to me personally but not a cargo net. The only nets that I can see as an option are part of the storage pack which puts nets on the back of the front seats, storage under the front seats, drinks holder in armrest, lockable glove compartment and tie down straps and 12v socket in boot.

Now, I am wondering whether the cargo net is the tie down straps on that option. I had a look in mine and the holders for the cargo net are there. Thats the bit you tie down to but there is no net anywhere. Also looked at page 30 on the UK spec guide and there is a picture of a cargo net attached to those hooks.

The boot does have two plastic hangers which allow bags to be attached to so they stay upright.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
For reference, the hooks for the cargo net are stainless steel and they are on each corner of the boot floor (not on the bit that lifts up to show the spare).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that info, I'll try to remember to take the cargo net, hazard triangle and first aid kit out of my A6, before I trade it in on the S5...:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What sedan or coupe are these standard on?
My US 2004 A4 and 2002 A6 both had them included, which I didn't order or even ask for, so I assume that these items are standard.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The red triangle is in the car (under the boot lid). The first aid kit is in the armrest. Its just the net you have to worry about.

Anyone with the storage pack option not got the cargo net?

·
Registered
338 Posts
The red triangle is in the car (under the boot lid). The first aid kit is in the armrest. Its just the net you have to worry about.

Anyone with the storage pack option not got the cargo net?
Can't find them in my car. Maybe another overseas difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts