Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread regarding problems with leather upholstery on regular A5s, with the leather stretching and sagging prematurely (non Recaro seats). My S5 currently has 2500 km, and inside is looking fine, no difference with previous audis owned - no quality issues.

Just wondering if others with S5 (Recaro specific seats) have any issues or complaints with the leather seats after longer use...?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
No the leather is wearing just fine (3,600 miles) but the stitching on the side bolster is starting to fluff up and there is a tiny wear point from getting in and out. Have taken to launching myself out of the car now to prevent this getting worse..

·
Registered
231 Posts
No the leather is wearing just fine (3,600 miles) but the stitching on the side bolster is starting to fluff up and there is a tiny wear point from getting in and out. Have taken to launching myself out of the car now to prevent this getting worse..
my sentiments exactly. side bolsters are wearing, rest of the leather is fine

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you have memory seats my suggestion would be to move the seat all the way back before you get out and when you get back in again press the memory button to return the seat to your setting. That way you have more room to get out of the car without rubbing the seat too much.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I couldn't be bothered with that every time. I put one hand on the sill and kind of jump out, got it down to a fine art now :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts