Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give peeps the heads up on this incase you didn't already know but KW are now offering the V1 Coilovers in the basic galvanised format which is even cheaper than the INOX V1. The setup is the same as the V1 only the metal is different, so the car will still handle the same as if you have INOX V1s.

£666.50 is the retail price including VAT. Last time I checked the INOX V1 were about £850ish so not a bad saving if you trying to save some of your cash.

At this price it makes getting just lowering springs a kind of waste for the sake of a couple hundred more quid.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So the difference is what the spring/strut is made of? Don't know if I like the idea of choosing a less strong material for one of the most critical parts on a car...

·
Registered
218 Posts
where do you order that? lol

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the difference is what the spring/strut is made of? Don't know if I like the idea of choosing a less strong material for one of the most critical parts on a car...
It isn't a weaker material, it is made of the same material that your stock components are made of. H&R, Koni, EiBach etc coilovers are all galvanised. The KW INOX material is a level up where by it is even more corrosion resistant than the galvanised set-up.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got an e-mail from one supplier and they are selling this kit for £630 including VAT and delivery to mainland GB. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
It isn't a weaker material, it is made of the same material that your stock components are made of. H&R, Koni, EiBach etc coilovers are all galvanised. The KW INOX material is a level up where by it is even more corrosion resistant than the galvanised set-up.
Fair enough then. Sounds interesting, do you know if they were planning the var II's anytime soon?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is there a part # associate with the galvanized V1? I'm talking to a local shop and they can't find the part # anywhere listed on KW website or their supplier?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a part # associate with the galvanized V1? I'm talking to a local shop and they can't find the part # anywhere listed on KW website or their supplier?

Thanks.
Sorry I don't know the part number.

Here is one website that I have found them on, cost a bit more than what i've been quoted from others but you could send an e-mail to them asking what the part number is.

http://www.kw-suspension.co.uk/kw-product-list.php?vid=79

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Part number is: 05210073 :thumbsup:

I think about them too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts