Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the car is sorted and I have today sat in the car that I will collect hopefully next week :D. Not the brand new one that I had ordered but I was not prepared to wait another possible 8 weeks so have been and sorted the one below.

Phantom Black
Silver leather and head lining with black dashboard.
Sat Nav +
GSM Phone prep
Cruise control
Keyless start thing
Ipod thing (AMI?)
Comfort pack
B+O
Parking Plus
Heated front seats

Car was registered Jan 08 and has 5000 miles on the clock and is spotless. After looking over the car sitting in it and hearing the V8 fire up again just pure :D :D :D

At least I can move on now and look forward to collecting a very nice S5. I had come to the conclusion that is was an S5 that I was after and not a brand new car. The buying experience has had all the speciality well and truly taken off it so I am looking forward now to getting my car. :D

Got to say thanks to IanHP1 for the tip on Carlisle Audi, and also the guys up there have done more in the past 2 days than previous dealers have done since April. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations PP... Your so gonna love it.

I still get that same feeling inside me every time i drive it, as when i first picked it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats PP, glad you will finally be getting your hands on the elusive S5!!! Nice spec, hope you got a good deal on it. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

I will bear Carlisle Audi in mind for the future as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers folks its nice to know the car is there. Price was £43000 in the end which is what my new one would have been but a far less spec. Was great sitting in the S5 again as it has been the beginning of April since I sat in one. Even better to sit in one and fire up the V8 again :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
And so PP's saga begins to draw to a close. Just in time for the APS meet planned for August ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes indeed DD. Cant wait :D

I trust thet you will be going? WOuldnt mind seeing the difference that you have made to the DRL's

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
After the APS visit this monday there will be nothing left for me to change in the August one. However, I will still pop along and no doubt bring the Vag Com with me.

Its actually not a bad drive and its good to see the faces behind the names.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You're welcome.

Hey PP, I'm just glad I happened to stumble upon the fact that they had a car in stock an your S5 'nightmare' could end! The guys up there are impeccable, I certainly couldn't have asked for more when I was buying.

FYI - Anyone else want an S5, I think they have another PB one in stock!! Why wait?

...Looking forward to welcoming you to the 'owners club' PP.

Ian.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats m8,at last a finish line in site :)

Going down to APS on Monday with Manor and Doom but will try my best to get down there again for a August meet providing not on holiday.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do have another S5 in PB with black internals they also have a Ibis White with Black internals. Also looks like P/boro might have a solid black one soon...:D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
wowo, finally an S5 IS!! at the end of the tunnel. Pleased to hear your almost there PP, been a rollercoaster ride not long now :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well done PP, glad yr nightmare is finally over. Welcome to the S5 Club :):):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts