Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Does anyone on the forum have and S5 in Alberta? I ordered one in Edmonton 3 weeks ago and I was told that I won't even get an '08 model, mine will be a '09 and it will be at least 12 months. Has anyone ordered one in Calgary? Any idea on the wait?
I'm picking up my A5 at Glenmore Audi in Calgary on Wednesday. There is another A5, and an S5 there now ready for delivery. I'm not sure how many S5's, if any, they have delivered before now, but I can ask.

A friend of mine just cancelled his S5 order, as he ordered in December, it still had not been allocated, and they told him it would be at least fall before he got it.

· Registered
256 Posts
Yikes that is a long wait. :eek:

Are the manufactures selling it for MSRP? I know with the GTR I have heard a few stories from freinds who put down a deposit a year ago and then been told the dealer wants 120K just recently.

That would suck to put down a deposit and commit only to find out they want an extra 10 or 20K over the MSRP.
I paid MSRP for mine. I would expect that to remain the case as long as they remain scarce.

· Registered
256 Posts
I put my deposit for an S5 down in February. Still no word on build date so it's going to at least a few more months...
That's a looong wait. They still seem to be pretty scarce-I saw my first "in the wild" S5 last weekend in Calgary. I still think the wait will be worth it!

· Registered
256 Posts
Tarsands and Marbles, I am heading to both Calgary and Edmonton on business next week if either of you need any Vag-Com changes done to your cars. Winking LEDs. voice activation, and windows control are the most popular. Gimme a hollar and maybe we can meet up if convenient. (I now travel with my cable in my suitcase - never know when you meet up with another A5 / S5 owner) - I did 2 S5's in Vancouver a few weeks ago.
I'm intrigued - when will you be in the Calgary area?

· Registered
256 Posts
I arrive in Calgary MOnday morning Mar 2, then head off to Edmonton Wed evening. Staying at the Hotel Arts in downtown Calgary - call my cell if you want to meet up. I will send you my cell phone in a peronal email.
Looks like I missed you Frank - if you come out to Alberta again maybe we can hook up then!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.