Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what you guys thought Audi would do with the S5 by 2015

It popped into my head on my way to dinner today as i saw a sweet White A4 drive past w/ the unmistakable DRL's.

I honestly do not know what they could do with the car to make it aesthetically or physically better besides: more interior color choices and the 3.0L Supercharged V6 (not better IMHO but is bound to happen). Obviously the RS5 will be out by then. But Audi only kept the B7 Audi A4 out for 4 years, (2005-2008), meaning there's bound to be a body change by 2015.

I know its kind of a ridiculous/stupid thread, but college gets boring

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think it will be nuclear powered, and have 100000 HP.

·
Registered
307 Posts
LOL I'm watching iRobot and the car in it looks exactly like the R8, idk this thread reminded me of it. I definitely think engine wise it should be over 400 hp, because at 354 stock for 50k, I personally think were a tad bit underpowered.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It will be an Electric Diesel Hybrid with 200 HP and 600 LB-FT of torque. The thing will get 50MPG on the highway, and 60MPG in town, while still getting from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

The CVT will optimize the power for the torque curve making it pull like a rocket ship way past 120MPH.

Oh wait, they probably could have done that in 2005, if they had wanted too...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It will be an Electric Diesel Hybrid with 200 HP and 600 LB-FT of torque. The thing will get 50MPG on the highway, and 60MPG in town, while still getting from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

The CVT will optimize the power for the torque curve making it pull like a rocket ship way past 120MPH.

Oh wait, they probably could have done that in 2005, if they had wanted too...
LOL, like it! But I'm afraid your outlook is unjustifiably positive.

By 2015, Porsche (who by that time will wholly own Audi, BMW, Tata, Chrysler, GM and Ford and most other remaining manufacturers - and who will also by that time be governing Germany) will be operating a series of Porsche Personal Transportation Centres placed strategically but inconveniently across major towns and cities. Former multi-storey car parks, they will be cloaked in smoke glass with a ground floor reception room serving complimentary organic lattes. But they will still smell of urine. And rotting vegetables.

Each level of the PPTC will be filled with rank-upon rank of PPTMs (Porsche Personal Transportation Modules), electric vehicles with a range 50 miles. They will all be (Ibis) white cubes, with 4 (skinny) wheels, a varying number of doors and a hatchback. There will be no styling - they will vary only in size. The P1 (would have been A1 pre-Porsche acquisition) will seat one person, the P2 2 people, the P4 (the P3 having been dropped - who needs 3 seats?) will seat 4 and the P5, 5. The P12 is a Mini Bus available for those who still have any funds left to go out with a group of friends or for weekly group trips to the job centre to sign on.

Customers will take an elevator to the level containing their desired PPTM size, and insert their credit card into the slot to release the electric power cord from the side of the PTM. It will be rejected, as the banks all collapsed in 2012, so they will then feed vegetables (the new currency) into a large aperture on top of the charging station. They will then make their journey, locate the nearest PPTC at that location, return the PPTM and make their way on foot to their final destination.

They will be mugged on the way there due to the complete breakdown of law and order across Europe following an uprising triggered by the UK winning the Eurovision Song contest way back in 2009.

That's only my opinion but I think I'm pretty close.

·
Registered
149 Posts
LOL, like it! But I'm afraid your outlook is unjustifiably positive.

By 2015, Porsche (who by that time will wholly own Audi, BMW, Tata, Chrysler, GM and Ford and most other remaining manufacturers - and who will also by that time be governing Germany) will be operating a series of Porsche Personal Transportation Centres placed strategically but inconveniently across major towns and cities. Former multi-storey car parks, they will be cloaked in smoke glass with a ground floor reception room serving complimentary organic lattes. But they will still smell of urine. And rotting vegetables.

Each level of the PPTC will be filled with rank-upon rank of PPTMs (Porsche Personal Transportation Modules), electric vehicles with a range 50 miles. They will all be (Ibis) white cubes, with 4 (skinny) wheels, a varying number of doors and a hatchback. There will be no styling - they will vary only in size. The P1 (would have been A1 pre-Porsche acquisition) will seat one person, the P2 2 people, the P4 (the P3 having been dropped - who needs 3 seats?) will seat 4 and the P5, 5. The P12 is a Mini Bus available for those who still have any funds left to go out with a group of friends or for weekly group trips to the job centre to sign on.

Customers will take an elevator to the level containing their desired PPTM size, and insert their credit card into the slot to release the electric power cord from the side of the PTM. It will be rejected, as the banks all collapsed in 2012, so they will then feed vegetables (the new currency) into a large aperture on top of the charging station. They will then make their journey, locate the nearest PPTC at that location, return the PPTM and make their way on foot to their final destination.

They will be mugged on the way there due to the complete breakdown of law and order across Europe following an uprising triggered by the UK winning the Eurovision Song contest way back in 2009.

That's only my opinion but I think I'm pretty close.
ahahahahahahahaha thats great, but u forgot that the places will all be exactly 51 miles away from anything sooo

·
Registered
625 Posts
My understanding is 2015 is the year of the new 5. Will it be better? Lighter ? More colors to choose from? More Wheels to choose from? Hard to improve on the current 5 but its time to make a move. Pictures that have all been different keep us thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts