Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone and Happy New Year! Thats my first post in the forum.
My name is Mike and i am from Cyprus (Right Hand Drive - same as UK spec cars).

I Just ordered a brand new A5 2.0TFSI (211hp) quattro fitted with the DSG gearbox. Its a new model that was just recently offered.
It is in Black and i have loaded it with B&O SoundSystem, 20" wheels (quattro GmbH), sport seats with memory, S-Line Exterior bodykit, S-Line Sport Suspension, colour MMI,....)

My question is that:
I want to put the S5 front grille that has the metallic look. I know that most people replace the S5 with an A5 grille, but i prefer it the other way around. :)

So isit so simple? I just order an S5 grille from the dealer and its the same, or some extensive work needs to be done?

Thank you in advance.
Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome! Nice specs (especially the 20" wheels), I love the VAG 2.0T engine, it's a ball-tearer!

I'm an S5 owner who hates the S5 grille so take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't really hate the S5 grille but I have a particular dislike with the HUGE 'nothing' grey plate holder section through the middle which IMHO looks awful on all black and dark grey 5's.

So my advice, take delivery of your 5 with S-line grille in black, drive it and look at it for a month-or-so, then decide if it really is that bad. I think you'll find it looks pretty good. FYI There's a few S5 owners who have opted for the black S-line grille already.

If you choose to change grille's, I'm sure your local Audi dealer will have no problem in replacing it for you.

Do a search on 'grill' and 'grille' to see all related articles, there a lot!

Cheers

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
An interesting post Quattro Joe. I assume you folks down under don't have numberplates to fill the ' HUGE 'nothing' grey plate holder section through the middle'.. Is that true?:confused:

Also interesting to note an antipodian who is (I assume) interested in 'Grills' as well as 'Barbies' :D:D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi RG, yes we do have number plates but I still think that centre section is overkill. I hate the colour more than the size though.

I just think that if Audi can make a nice, clean one-piece grille, RS-style, why can't they make them all like that?

Differentiate model by the material they use, i.e.

RS - hex mesh
S - chrome vertical strips
S-line - square mesh
etc

My beef is, why should the cool grille be broken in half when there's an obvious attempt to make it one-piece with the constant chrome surround?

FYI RG, my BBQ features both grill and hot plate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the quick replys guys.
More opinions are welcome

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Is it possible to fit an S5 grill on to an A5 without an S-Line kit?
Hi Echotrain; welcome to the forum.

AFAIK all A5/S5 grills have the same outer dimensions and therefore interchangeable across the range - dont know about the RS5 yet, but suspect someone will let us all know soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi, Any advise where to order the S5 grille nearest to me? I live in Budapest. Any recommendations of good web shop?
Contact Alex @ europrice...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sammy35, even though Alex is in U.S. he has connection with personnel in Europe(Great Britain) who can help you out with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts