Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what can I say. We have decided to move away from the outskirts of the city to a more rural setting. This is something we have always planned on doing but finding the right place was always the issue. Not any more....

Unfortunately something has to give to make way for an increase in the mortgage and the only other large outlay I have is the finance on my S5.

I am going to use this forum to test the waters and see if there is any appetite out there before approaching the dealer for a price.

Registered late September 2007
2200 miles
Phantom Black/Black Leather/Silver Headlining
DVD Sat Nav
6 CD changer
GSM Phone prep in the centre armrest
Folding an dimmimg door mirrors
Dimming rear view mirror
All the usual standard kit

PM me with any questions / interest.

I am going to miss the car and I will definately be trying to get another A5/S5 in the future.

I would be interested to know what people think it is worth (£43250 new). It is hard to gauge an accurate figure as it is less than 5 months old and demand is affecting supply of a new one.

Chris

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
+1 on the home.

My guess is the dealer will want to offer £35k (max) and put it on his forecourt for £39,999.99

...which is what I think you could sell it for privately.

·
Registered
276 Posts
+1 on the home.

My guess is the dealer will want to offer £35k (max) and put it on his forecourt for £39,999.99

...which is what I think you could sell it for privately.
Assuming you will be trading it in for something else of reasonable value I think you should aim to get more like 39k.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ianhp1, that was the figure I was thinking. So come on everyone, roll up. Who wants a 4.5 month old S5 with the most important options for £3.5K off list ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ianhp1, that was the figure I was thinking. So come on everyone, roll up. Who wants a 4.5 month old S5 with the most important options for £3.5K off list ?
'
Hmmm... what would I want with two S5s? ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to see my local dealer yesterday. They had an advert in the local press for an 07 plate S5 Phantom Black/Magma Leather, similar spec to mine with a few extra toys (cruise, advanced key, comfort pack), nearly 8000 miles though. Guess how much..........£44990 !

And it was sold ! After 2 days. They said that people are coming in most weeks enquiring about the S5 and some are just not prepared to wait for a new build.

I asked them if they are interested in buying mine. Unfortunately, due to the new 08 plate coming out in a few weeks, they are going to have a deluge of trade-ins and they dont want to buy mine on tope of that.

They were very helpful though and suggested I advertise mine for £43500. So I have. I will be surprised if I get that much but I haven''t got anything to lose. We shall see what happens.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just swopped mine for a Range Rover Sport. Deal was a bit complicated so difficult to get my exact p/ex price. Somewhere between £40 -43k depending on retail or discounted price of the Rangey.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done Chas, I hope the RRS gives you enough pleasure.
I have had some interest in the car, no commitment or viewings yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, its sold !

The story goes something like this.

I advertised the car on Autotrader website. A local chap was interested in it and was prepared to pay the asking price of £43K. Unfortunately for me, he needed a PCP finance deal so he needed to buy it through the Audi dealership. Audi approached me and spun me the line about the book price being £38K but they were prepared to give me £40k based on the fact that they had a buyer already lined up. I rejected their offer. They said that they needed to put the car through the usual checks and treat it as an approved used car which would cost £300 of labour costs and they would have to pay VAT on the difference between what they buy the car at and the sale price - another £525.

I pointed out to them that meant they were still making over £2K + a finance deal for simply passing the keys over to someone else. They then came back with a final offer of £40.5k, which I rejected. Anyway, the upshot today was I managed to get £41K - after I walked away and they chased me through the car park.

I was an absolute pleasure owning the car, and chatting to you on this forum (I will still pop in from time to time). Unfortunately, the house move meant I needed to tighten my belt but I am hoping in a few years time to return to the Audi A5/S5 ownership.

Now, I need to buy a car. I am gonna spend about £15K and want something not too old, coupe is not a must but desirable, sporty to drive and looks good. Suggestions welcome.

Chris

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good luck on the new start & house & hope you find that dream coupe for the princely sum of £15k.

All the best regards Golfdeeko

1 - 11 of 11 Posts