Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first S5. I’ve had a couple of A5’s but this time wanted the beasty 4.2 v8.
When I bought the car took for a test drive and everything seemed fine. Gave it some acceleration but couldn’t open the taps hard as there wasn’t anywhere near by to do so.
When I was driving home I put my foot down and the epc light popped up. I have a very basic code reader and it showed P2293 high pressure regulator 2 performance.
This was the only code stored.
I had the mobile mechanic come and have a look and plug in his laptop. He spent a fair while checking and went away to consult with another mechanic and do some research.
Today he called me back saying he’s quite confident it’s the low pressure fuel pump.
Due to what he saw on his computer plus it’s not getting enough fuel under hard acceleration.
ive managed to source a used, tested and original pump but can’t find anywhere information about the location of the pump in the engine.

could anyone send me a picture or diagram of its location on the engine so I could potentially change.

Also any other ideas of what to check if this makes no difference would be much appreciated.

thanks all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The low pressure pump is in the fuel tank access under the rear set.

My 2 cents - it will most likely be one of the high pressure fuel pumps. Based on typical failures only.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Show us some pics of yer S5 mate please.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts