Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the stock exhaust from a S5 fit and A5? If so would there be any benefits sound,performance etc.

·
Registered
750 Posts
You could _probably_ get it to work with some nice welding and I'd be willing to bet that it would have the be cut a few times to be reshaped a bit. if it were as simple as putting the S5 exhaust on the A5, many folks (that drive an A5) would have jumped on the aftermarket exhaust systems for the S5 (e.g. miltek, awe, etc.).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
For what it's worth, when I had an A5 on order, I was asking around for an S5 exhaust, but everybody wants its weight in gold (~$800-1000) even though it's basically going to be junk in someone's garage. In the Mercedes community, decomissioned stock AMG exhausts go for next to nothing, I'm pretty surprised what people are asking for them here.

Just buy aftermarket.

-Ray

·
Registered
36 Posts
Following that logic, any exaust made for the S5 fits the A5?
More or less. As long as you remember you might need the S5 valance (which only fits the S-Line bumper) to fit the double exhaust tips of the factory S5 exhaust, that's a pretty safe conclusion.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I thought the milltek guys said you couldnt mix and match as the sizes were different and the flows were different.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I thought the milltek guys said you couldnt mix and match as the sizes were different and the flows were different.
I agree that the Milltek might be too large of a pipe diameter for the 3.2L which would lead to loss of backpressure, and therefore low-end response.

The S5 stocker on the other hand is probably a nice upgrade for the 3.2

-Ray

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Look at the picture, it may help, if you understand technical drawings little bit.

1.8TFSI, 2.0TFSI, 3.0TDI not at all.

3.2V6 with some works. There is different pipe diameter.

Does it improve something? I'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Of course, if you just want the looks, get hold of a second-hand S5 exhaust (I have one!) and get your local fabricator to cut and weld the S5 tips to your existing back box.

Ta Dah! :cool:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you're just going to use the tips, is there any difference from going the cheap route and getting tips from ebay?

http://tinyurl.com/6jxv4q

When I was in the A5-looking-for-S5-exhaust shoes, I was hoping to get a performance and sound benefit from the slightly larger piping throughout. The 3.2L stock exhaust sounds way too subdued. Using just the tips would as you said just change the look.

-Ray

1 - 12 of 12 Posts