Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been conversing with a rep from PES Tuning on 6speed.com and they have a pretty appealing performance enhancement for our S5s; by far the highest hp/tq gain I've seen for the 5. Here are the dynos:

Their price: $1595
I have had no experience with them, but if anyone on here has positive/negative feedback feel free to chime in and look out for your fellow man.

Important Edit: Let me know if you'd be interested in this upgrade, PES has informed me that if we rally enough A5oc'ers we can get some love in the form of a discount on pricing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Numbers look good! Always good to have tuning options (although I'm a little biased towards FarnbacherLoles :D)

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmmm this looks pretty good if anyone knows anything about them, 25hp and 16 ftlbs isnt bad, hows this compare to farnbacher and everyone else

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I wonder if the tune depends on existing mods (exhaust, etc), and also if this can be a mail-order affair (obviously I'm quite far away from PA).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wonder if the tune depends on existing mods (exhaust, etc), and also if this can be a mail-order affair (obviously I'm quite far away from PA).
IMHO, most tuners will have "standard" tune first and then one for specific mods. I know that FarnbacherLoles has tunes for a stock S5 as well as one specific to a cat-back exhaust (e.g. my car as the original test vehicle). They will soon have a tune specific to downpipes/air filter/cat-back exhaust ;)

I can't speak for PES but FarnbacherLoles was seeking to partner with a vendor in CA (at least they were six months ago) to sell and install their S5 tunes. You may want to contact Peter Alemeida ([email protected]) to see where they are.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a mailable affair; same-day turnaround to be specific according to PES.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
will they remap unlimted times for free if dealer resets cpter?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
If not for Quattrowerks, I would've never heard of Farnbacher either. Gotta love the forums!
actually ive raced against them, well not technically lol, i was racing KONI and they were there for Grand Am but anywhoo:D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey out of curiousity did your fuel economy suffer after doing the remap?
Tough to say - it's always been pretty bad given I'm a bit of a "lead-foot" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
PES Tuning

I searched to see if anyone has posted this already and didn't find anything.

Found this vid from PES Tuning showing their reprogrammed S5 ECU.

The numbers look good!

Does anyone have any experience with PES?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.