Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my demo in for the 5k service and had a list of things for them to look at which included:

Both front seats wiggle
Vibration between 45-70 when the car is cold
Intelligent Key sometimes doesn't allow me to lock the doors (I think it is because the window doesn't go back up all the way occasionally)
Activating Voice
Possibly activating Up/Down windows from keyfob

The tech told me he say a very sizeable computer update in the system for my car, he said the description was not-descriptive, and I forgot to ask what date it came out. Anybody know what that could be?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder if they will activate voice. I hear that the 2009's will have voice. Let us know the outcome....:confused:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the work order, they ordered a module to make voice activation work. I thought it would be as easy as a computer setting, but apparently I am missing something. I was quite surprised, and double surprised that they ordered the part and jsut didn't tell me too bad. It almost makes up for the fact that the software update caused my phone to no longer connect to the car.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I wonder if they will activate voice. I hear that the 2009's will have voice. Let us know the outcome....:confused:
They can activate it for phone only by simply changing a VAG code.. It's actually a very simple fix. To have true voice, a separate module is needed and I think it's an '09 addition....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What the dealer service order states

Here are all the responses my work order had:

Both front seats wiggle
For this, they ordered new seat rails for both seats
They found both of my right rims bent. They rebalanced both tires, and said that it could be flat spot related as well. I told them I have had this problem since the day I bought it. Could have developed flat spots in Feb why it sat waiting for me.
Intelligent Key sometimes doesn't allow me to lock the doors (I think it is because the window doesn't go back up all the way occasionally)
Performed software update

Activating Voice
Ordered Voice Control Module at NO CHARGE (shocked me too).

Claim software update fixed it. I have not tried it yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know if this voice control module activates voice for the phone as well or just the nav? I'm debating about ordering a VAGCOM today or if I should just try and get my dealer to get this module.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi number2jcb,

I noticed a new TSB regarding A5 vehicles but not S5.

Here is part of the front page of the TSB

Check if you are in the VIN range. I would be interested to know if this is what your dealer is talking about, or something else.

Hi rob1234

Activation of the voice command in the US has only been found for the Telephone, not nav to my knowledge. Its diffiucult to know if the NAV voice recognition software is resident. I would start by looking at the feature set for the high-end A8 and see if the MMI software has been written first, then see if MMI versions are similar, and then lastly figuring out how/if to activate it by the correct coding - that one is a prety difficult one - probably more than one bit change:)
By the way, I activated Voice command but its not very good in my opinion. I am wondering if the microphone needs to addapted to a new sensitivity setting, or maybe I have to use a strong german acent.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have voice recognition for phone in my 2004 A6 and don't use it anymore. I had to pay $400 for a motorola phone to work with it. If they haven't gotten it working better I wouldn't even bother. I would say"call Dave" and it would respond "calling Dennis". Not even close.

Hopefuly this software has been greatly improved.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
No, it has a feature that ignores movie phone numbers :p

And don't try to trick it by dialing Klondike Five numbers either!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on dealer work.

Here are all the responses my work order had:

Both front seats wiggle
For this, they ordered new seat rails for both seats
Update: Parts are in
They found both of my right rims bent. They rebalanced both tires, and said that it could be flat spot related as well. I told them I have had this problem since the day I bought it. Could have developed flat spots in Feb why it sat waiting for me.
Update: This did actually do something, it definitely removed some of it
Performed software update
Update: This didn't work. I still have the same issues.
Activating Voice
Ordered Voice Control Module at NO CHARGE (shocked me too).
Update: Parts are in
Claim software update fixed it. I have not tried it yet.
Update: They lied. It didn't do anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts