Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my S5 the beginning of Feb 09.
Any ideas on when I can expected it to be delivered?

I read it can be anywhere between 3 to 6 months...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think its around that time. I ordered my S5 at the end of Novemeber and still have a few short weeks left!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say around that time, you mean 3 or 6 months?
I'm hoping you meant closer to 3.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guess it all depends. I was lucky enough that when I ordered mine back in November, my dealer-friend had aleady placed an order for one, so I got bumped up :) But the one that he had ordered was a Meteor Gray/Magma Red, but then I decided to change the color to Sprint Blue!! Sorry, I might not be the best one with a definitive answer :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That actually helps alot. I pretty much did the exact same thing when I ordered mine. The dealer I ordered through had 3 S5 orders in the factory queue already. They changed one of those orders to meet the specs I wanted (phantom black exterior with black leather w/pearl alcantara inserts interior, etc..). So hopefully the car will get here by mid-may.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think its around that time. I ordered my S5 at the end of Novemeber and still have a few short weeks left!!

GRRRRRR!!!

I ordered mine 11/26 and the dealer says another 2-3 months! Did yoour dealer have any other S5's in their queues?

·
Registered
51 Posts
GRRRRRR!!!

I ordered mine 11/26 and the dealer says another 2-3 months! Did yoour dealer have any other S5's in their queues?
I ordered mine that time too, end of November, but we've got hookups at our dealership so my order was bumped up the top pushing everyone down the list. And we got a call yesterday saying it will arrive on or around March 12...still have 2 weeks, but I've waited 3 months, what's another 2 weeks?!!? :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ordered mine that time too, end of November, but we've got hookups at our dealership so my order was bumped up the top pushing everyone down the list. And we got a call yesterday saying it will arrive on or around March 12...still have 2 weeks, but I've waited 3 months, what's another 2 weeks?!!? :2thumbsup:
Hahaha Major Jealousy!!! :yikes:

That's what i need, hookups... I hope you enjoy it when it finally arrives! My wait is killing me!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
GRRRRRR!!!

Same here. I ordered mine 11/28/2008 EU model and the dealer quoted that delivery is going to take place May or June the most. :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just in from dealer:

Your S5:

On Feb 13 - it was released to manufacturing; following that in 6-7 weeks - Audi will begin to put the car together.
By the end of this April, it will finish production; In May it will arrive in San Diego, Ca.

:2thumbsup:

Only another 3 months...

·
Registered
159 Posts
My local dealer didn't have the S5 I wanted in Automatic. We looked all over the West Coast and Every Phantom Black S5 with black interior, automatic, all had deposits on them. My option was to order one. I didn't want to wait 3 to 6 months.

At that point, I was going to call every dealer in the midwest and see if they had any. First I decided to call the Audi dealer 25 miles from where I live and they just had someone drop their deposit on a 09 phantom black Auto S5 with Drive Select. I drove down to the dealer right after the phone call and reviewed everything and put a deposit down.

Thats good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Whose S5 are you talking about?
Mine!!! :)

I read in your earlier post that you ordered an S5 beginning of February. Hopefully your luckier than me and your dealer doesn't have 4 other S5's in front of you :thumbsdown:

It seems most people (that ordered an S5) fell closer to the lower end of the 3-6 month scale. If the car still doesn't get here by June, it'll be 7 months since I ordered.

Do you know if your S5 has been released for production yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't heard anything from the dealer yet but I do know they had multiple S5s in their queue. I would think they would put a sold order up to the front... but who knows...

·
Registered
253 Posts
where are you located? (update profile)

I had to keep on pressing my dealer to check for me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same luck here. Returned my S4 after lease ended on friday. One of the sales reps casually asked what i would be driving home. I said a rental (i planned on driving over to the Mercedes dealership to put a deposit down on a C63AMG). He told me there was an Phantom black with red interior S5, manual with ADS that was just canceled. Negotiated $3k off MSRP, waived admin fee, threw in ceramic tint and rubber "S" mats. Signed the deal. Will pick up Monday. Granted this is my 4th Audi, so there may be preferential treatment, i get the impression that Audi cant seem to keep up with demand. Im pretty damn lucky.

My local dealer didn't have the S5 I wanted in Automatic. We looked all over the West Coast and Every Phantom Black S5 with black interior, automatic, all had deposits on them. My option was to order one. I didn't want to wait 3 to 6 months.

At that point, I was going to call every dealer in the midwest and see if they had any. First I decided to call the Audi dealer 25 miles from where I live and they just had someone drop their deposit on a 09 phantom black Auto S5 with Drive Select. I drove down to the dealer right after the phone call and reviewed everything and put a deposit down.

Thats good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I got an initial delivery estimate of May 17th.
Anybody know from experience how accurate this date is?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lucky U. I orderd mine 30/10/08 and still don't have the delivery date :wall: And I'm in Europe, some 10k miles closer to Audi factory !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lucky U. I orderd mine 30/10/08 and still don't have the delivery date :wall: And I'm in Europe, some 10k miles closer to Audi factory !
Interesting ...I ordered mine on Nov 28 2008, and it will be here in Greece next week!!! It was build week 11. They also told me that my order was scheduled for week 14 and then it was transfered to 11. U better check with your dealer again to see what is going on.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.