Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

S5 Dealer Allocation Question

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TonnyG 
#1 ·
I couldn't get a straight answer regarding allocations on another forum, hope someone can clarify things. When Audi gives a dealership an allocation for an S5 build, do they give it for the order placed the earliest by the dealer, whether its a Tip order or a manual order? or lets say I placed the only Tiptronic order with the dealership, well after many manual orders were placed, is it possible to have my order pulled before those manuals because Audi decided that this month the dealership would only get a Tiptronic allocation? Thanks

#2 ·
Correct. My dealer made it very clear that the manual & auto monthly allocations were 2 distinct buckets. For instance, this month, my dealer got 1 manual + 1 auto. So if you were the only one with a trip order & there were 20 people in line for manuals, you could very possibly get your car before one of manuals.

#4 ·
shivan,

It is indeed around the 14th-15th of each month. My dealer this month got 3 A5's (I'm not sure of transmission) and 1 S5 Tip. Unfortunately, I have an S5 manual on order, and I'm number 2. The allocation of manual vs. tip are set by AoA using who knows what decision making process, and do not seem to correspond to the number of orders the dealer has in the order bank for each style.

#5 ·
Does your dealer have many tips on order? Could that be a reason why a Tip was pulled instead of your manual? or probably there is no formula like you said.
That spreadsheet could help to figure out if there was any pattern to 2008 allocations but some more information would have to be added with each entry (i.e dealership, number of manual & tip orders in the system from that dealership, dealership allocation tallies month by month for tip and manual, etc)

#7 ·
The sales manager actually told me that the tip they got allocated on Monday, no one had an order on. He said he asked the dealer if I'd want it, and the dealer told him that no, I wanted a manual. I wish the dealer would have at least asked me that! As it is, I've never driven manual before, and while I do want to learn (prior to getting my S5 obviously) having the option of getting an automatic several months earlier is tempting. I figure if I'm lucky, theyll give at least one manual each of the next two months, and I might be able to get an August build date.

#8 ·
It is sad that a dealer get an allocation for a car they don't have sold as bad as the lead times are on the S5, I wonder why it seem a little easier to get tip allocations then stick. Here in the US you would think somewhere 80-90 percent of S5 buyers would want a tip

Tonny

#9 ·
I originally wanted a tip, but after driving the 6-speed, I didn't think a tip was respectfull of what this car is. If you are not a car lover and driver, the tip is for cruisers. ( no offense ). This is a sports car. If you haven't driven it then you may be looking for a commuter car, but this car makes you want to keep on going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.