Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Remote control of the exhaust valves for a variable sound is a nice feature! However, I'm guessing Capristo's setup for the S5 won't come at a cheap price (as it appears they specialize in exhausts for Ferrari, Lambo, and Maserati).

http://www.capristo.de

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remote control of the exhaust valves for a variable sound is a nice feature! However, I'm guessing Capristo's setup for the S5 won't come at a cheap price (as it appears they specialize in exhausts for Ferrari, Lambo, and Maserati).

http://www.capristo.de
Yeh I had that feeling too, but still e-mailed them to get more details anyway.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Interesting concept, but why would you want to change the exhaust note?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Dunno ... just because you can!?! :confused: :D

You know, kinda like switching to a different track on your mp3 player when you get tired of listening to the same ol' song over and over ... it's nice to have the option to hear something different for a change of pace. :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know how much this is? Cant really tell from their web page.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm going to guess at least $5,000 USD. I was talking to a bunch of car enthusiasts yesterday (whom I hang out with every weekend), and one of the guys who owns a few exotics was telling me about some aftermarket exhaust system that allows you to control the valves by pushing a button that's installed inside the car. He mentioned the price was around $6K, but I don't recall who the manufacturer is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
thanks TX thats the range I was thinking. A lot of money for another remote IMO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't much care for the adjutsable valve, but that exhaust note reminded me of my friends Porsche GT when pushed pass 4000RPM, wonder if they provide version without the remote and the adjustable valve.
SAJ_1982, please share what you find out.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't much care for the adjutsable valve, but that exhaust note reminded me of my friends Porsche GT when pushed pass 4000RPM, wonder if they provide version without the remote and the adjustable valve.
SAJ_1982, please share what you find out.
Will post up more info as soon as I know.

I'm assuming the valve system will be to help lower the volume of the exhaust at motorway (highway) speeds, but thats only my guess as it really didn't sound any quieter when they were reving it.

Would love to see a video of it on the move too.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Shame the actuator is a silly looking lump under the exhaust. What a waste of a good looking system to have a 'snail' stuck underneath. I'd ahve thought they could package that better... especially at that price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is an ultimate exhaust system
it does two things ....
1. increases back pressure at low RPM and decreses at high RPM... this keeps the torque up at low RPM and HP up at high RPM
2. the good thing is you can make it quiet when needed ... sometimes I drive on a highway for a few hours and wish I can turn that damn ramble off. Or if I don't want to wake the neighbors in the morning

to expensive though :( ... may be I'll buy it next year :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
To pass inspections in countries like Germany!:stop:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Silly Looking Lump

Shame the actuator is a silly looking lump under the exhaust. What a waste of a good looking system to have a 'snail' stuck underneath. I'd ahve thought they could package that better... especially at that price.
I agree 100% for that price it should be invisible. In the USA they check exhaust systems at inspection very carefully for custom changes. They would not allow a electric cutout before my muffler which was out of site up high,but the found it and the car would not pass inspection.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.