Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my Eibach springs and H&R 15/20mm spacers installed today. My wife thinks it looks like a lowrider pimp-mobile. I don't think she meant that as a compliment...What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looks great and clean.... you guys need to stop posting pictures of stock s5/a5 on spacer springs... I don't want to mod this car... but it looks so clean sexy.... ahhhhhhhhh maybe the wife will approve next year.... but damn even doing one mod will open a can of worms... ending in me following in spinners footsteps....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments! Here's a couple more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice! Just ordered 15 front 20 back MTM spacers for my 2010 S5 cab.......is their a noticable difference in the stance of the car with the spacers on? Do you have any before and after pics (i see the after pics above)

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is one sweet ride!!! Kinda wished I would have got the cab but here in sunny Seattle probably wouldn't use it all that much. Plus it cost about another 5K:laughinatabove:

·
Registered
15 Posts
By the way how do the Eibachs ride? Are they better than the H&R? Looking to lower my S5 and A4 down a little. Also, did you do your own install?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the link...I think I might just buy the spacers also.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I absolutely love it! especially considering it's my exact same car (which already has 15/20 spacers on it). . .so i can really get a sense for what it would look like. how much drop is that with the eibachs?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They advertise a 1" drop in the front and a .8" drop in the back. To me, it looks like the back dropped a little more. I would imagine that these springs were designed for the coupe where the front/rear weight distribution is a little different.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^ now it all makes sense. on day one, your drop with the eibach's looks much lower than my coupe does, even though my springs have settled already. i still have a 2 finger gap to the fender, yours look to have no gap at all. there's at least a 300+ lb difference in weight between the coupe and cab, so no wonder. get ready, you are going to get more of a drop and hear more of the business from your wife. i recall a pal with a cabrio was looking for springs and could not find any for the cab. those springs are calibrated for the weight of the coupe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hoes luv the Pimp Cab...your wife is just jealous of all the attention you'll be getting when she's not riding shotgun!lol!
Yeah, its why I think cabs would have to go coilover till they make cab-specific springs, not lookin' to drag my rear and shoot sparks from scraping my AWE tips!

Will do the spacer set up tho!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
talk about pimp...that blue R8...uuuugggghhhh....just made a mess in my pants!!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Congrats; she looks beautiful - the R8 not so much imo :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks Great! Was wondering how the alignment came out? I have the H&R springs and my front tires angle in slightly, I'm unable to adjust the camber.. I was considering the Stern control arms (if they fit) to fix the problem.. Any info thx..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts