Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my S5 in december sometime (I hope) and what I want to do is to replace the S5 grill with an S-Line Gloss Black Grill from madaudi.com

But I still want the S5 badge on the grill... my stealers don't know anything about this as usual. Does anybody know how to get my hands on a S5 babdge for the grill? (Madaudi's only got an S5 badge for the trunk)

Btw, I'm going to post a thread in "For Sale & Group Buys" that I'm selling the S5 grill when I get.
I don't know how much it's worth but if anybody's interested let me know.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You can buy the S5 grille badge for a samll sum of £8.41+vat(17.5%) and can easily be shipped to sweden or alternatively the part number is 8T0 853 736 2ZZ if you want to go to your local stealer for it.
Also the grille is £114.73+vat here in the uk for the glossy black one. Part number is available too if you need it
If you were selling your grille now i would defiantely be interested. December is too far away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy the S5 grille badge for a samll sum of £8.41+vat(17.5%) and can easily be shipped to sweden or alternatively the part number is 8T0 853 736 2ZZ if you want to go to your local stealer for it.
Also the grille is £114.73+vat here in the uk for the glossy black one. Part number is available too if you need it
If you were selling your grille now i would defiantely be interested. December is too far away.
Thanks this is good to know :D
Where can I buy it from and where do you get the stealers prices and part numbers?

December is close! I've been waiting from January :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Depending on where you are in Sweden im sure there are plenty of dealers there. Just ring one of your local ones up and give them the part number and order it. Usually only takes a day or two for parts to arrive.
I have the parts catalogue that the dealers use so can access part numbers and uk prices.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I've received my S5 today :D
With an S-Line gloss black grill... I told the dealer to order a S5 badge and mount it on the new grill and he told me they would fix it for the delivery.
I picked it up today but there's no S5 badge on the grill.

He told me the badge didn't fit. Um ok? I know there are others who have done it so you guys/gals out there could you tell me how :)
Did you glew it on?

It's the only missing part on the car, otherwise it's perfect :(
Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
He told me the badge didn't fit. Um ok? I know there are others who have done it so you guys/gals out there could you tell me how :)
He wasn't just making that up. First, the vertical piece that the S5 badge attaches to on the grille has a different width than the vertical piece on the A5 grille. Second, the S5 grille has an indentation on the vertical piece where it attaches so that once attached, the badge is able to sit relatively flush with the horizontal pieces. (See attached.) On the A5 grille, there is no such indentation.

From all the photos I've seen of folks installing A5 grilles on their S5s (and you know I've seen a lot), not one of them has had the S5 logo. The only S5s with gloss black grilles that had the logo still in place were actually S5 grilles that had been painted gloss black.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but that has been my observation so far. There's probably a way to "rig" it so that it can be attached to an A5 grille. I just wonder how seamless and integrated the badge would look on that grille, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep you said it, I didn't want to hear that :D
Well I guess you're right, thanks for the answer TX.

I'll have to figure this out though. I'll let you all know of my progress.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So what did you end up doing?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what did you end up doing?
Nothing so far... I got the badge from my dealer not too long ago and haven't found a solution yet. But will let you all know :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow haven't seend that grille before... looks cool :)
How did you put it on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought an A5 grille, cut away much of the structure, and then a local craftsman bent the mesh around a wooden form he had made. Then he added the horizontal stainless crosspiece, and attached the two emblems. To install a grille on the A5/S5, you must remove the bumper, and there are some white foam pieces that must be painted dark so that they won't show. It seems like a lot of work, but I did not like the factory grille and at the time no one was yet making a mesh replacement grille. (I imagine that the number of A5/S5s on the road today is still too small for anyone to produce them commercially. The cost of this custom grille is about USD1500.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, thank you for sharing. That grill is beautiful! I'd buy one if it was mass produced.

I bought an A5 grille, cut away much of the structure, and then a local craftsman bent the mesh around a wooden form he had made. Then he added the horizontal stainless crosspiece, and attached the two emblems. To install a grille on the A5/S5, you must remove the bumper, and there are some white foam pieces that must be painted dark so that they won't show. It seems like a lot of work, but I did not like the factory grille and at the time no one was yet making a mesh replacement grille. (I imagine that the number of A5/S5s on the road today is still too small for anyone to produce them commercially. The cost of this custom grille is about USD1500.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently replaced my A5 grill that has the chrome surround, for the S5 optic black one. I am not sure if anyone would be interested in purchasing but wanted to float the question here. I also replaced the chrome fog light rings and am wondering if they are of any value to anyone.

Looking for suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts