Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need some advice please.

Recently purchased an s5 b9 67 plate, coupe. 50k on the clock. It's just been serviced, has about 75% left on the brakes, budget tyres, different on the front (will be changed ASAP!).

When I turn right, about a 45- 90° turn, I can hear a slight metallic grinding on the drivers side. Could this be the wheel bearings? Or something else? It's really hard to notice and I hear it more when I first pull out the garage and drive away. When the wheel is full lock it also sounds like the tyres are rubbing on the wheel arch but I'm less concerned about that as my b8 a5 coupe did the same thing for years. Or is this something wrong that can be resolved?

Another problem I have is that the front left parking sensor seems to go off randomly when it isn't near anything as I stop the car or drive slowly. When they are actually used it works fine and doesn't seem to have any issues. Has anyone else experienced this? My b8 sensors worked perfectly.

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Difficult to say without hearing or seeing it.

Could be something simple like the metal shield behind the brakes or something lodged in the brakes.

wheel bearing tend to give a humming noise at speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts