Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I’m sure this thread may exist already however... after owning my S5 2018 Coupe for a year now.. done over 20k I’m looking to make it slightly more... pop n bang’ish

I have seen miltek and armytrix do exhausts but I’m wondering is there anything I can do which is more reversible or doesn’t include changing the exhaust for preferably under 1k
Any idea or videos would be welcome :)

·
Registered
144 Posts

Might be worth a look price wise

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If you are wanting to increase the noise, there is an X pipe for the B8, not sure if there is one for the B9.

What you can do is go to an exhaust place like Cadguy mentioned above or Top Gear, which I think is the same place, they have branches all over the UK. They can advise you.

I would start by removing the centre silencer and replacing with straight pipe, maybe ask them if they can integrate the 'X' in it too. Basically the X will join the 2 pipes together letting the gases flow into each pipe. This is a performance mod, but the X needs to be near the front, but as ECS tuning do, the X can be put into the mid section.

Or another option is remove and straight pipe the front 2 little silencers. I think you may be able to buy what they call non res downpipes off the shelf.

The problem with systems like Milltek is they are absorptive type silencers which also absorb the DSG farts so the exhaust will be less pop and bangish than your standard exhaust.

I found this when customising my exhaust and going with straight through absorbing silencers. So no I have removed all the silencers and have just the back boxes to silence and have got the DSG farts back,but still not as crackly as the standard system! :)

So if you just want more noise, then removing a silencer is the way to go and the cheapest!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
If you want MUCH more noise then take the mother in law for a ride, really cheap........

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
As well as weight mate........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts