Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sill entry light has stopped working and wonder if its easy to replace this by doing myself, Its costing me just under £200 from Audi and I don't fancy giving aound £100 to fit if its a simple job. If it is easy any tips on how to remove the fitted one would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
Need to remove the fuse box panel on either driver side or passenger side depending on which one you’re replacing, then take off that A pillar trim by pulling at the clip points,

Move onto the lower trim by the door sill and again yank hard to the clips.

This video is very helpful as similar almost for the B9 model.

The illuminated sill is actually held on by double sided sticky tape so a prying tool will be needed and ofcourse glue cleaner to take the residue off, and also don’t forget to unclip the wires prior to removing the sill.

Used Sills on eBay are circa £60 so grab yourself a bargain and save yourself from the stealerships

~Alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to remove the fuse box panel on either driver side or passenger side depending on which one you’re replacing, then take off that A pillar trim by pulling at the clip points,

Move onto the lower trim by the door sill and again yank hard to the clips.

This video is very helpful as similar almost for the B9 model.

The illuminated sill is actually held on by double sided sticky tape so a prying tool will be needed and ofcourse glue cleaner to take the residue off, and also don’t forget to unclip the wires prior to removing the sill.

Used Sills on eBay are circa £60 so grab yourself a bargain and save yourself from the stealerships

~Alex
Brilliant Alex, thanks for that I thought it would be fairly simple but it's always good to get the right Information.
Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
John, I have the same issue with my 2017 A5 s line sportback. Driver side sill light recently stopped working, all other lights working fine. Did you ever get a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, I have the same issue with my 2017 A5 s line sportback. Driver side sill light recently stopped working, all other lights working fine. Did you ever get a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I did get it sorted but an easy way out I managed to get it sorted on warranty.
If you look at Alex's reply to me there's plenty of information about it there, it sounds straightforward . It's only stuck on.
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did get it sorted but an easy way out I managed to get it sorted on warranty.
If you look at Alex's reply to me there's plenty of information about it there, it sounds straightforward . It's only stuck on.
Good luck
Thanks for getting back to me. Funny enough I only bought the car just over a week ago. Didn't think an interior light would be covered under warranty though. But I may aswell try my luck I suppose. Did you buy the car from an audi dealership?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.