Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between the S5 and A5 S-line. My heart leans towards the S5, whereas my head towards the A5 s-line. I love the S5, but I have an S4 with the same engine and frankly the gas mileage is pretty atrocious.

There are not a lot of reviews of the A5 s-line, and I'm trying to get an idea of how it handles. Is the suspension on it the same as the suspension on the S5? If that is the case, I would imagine it handles better as it weighs ~200lbs less and has better weight distribution. Can anyone tell me anything about the S-line suspension? Has anyone driven both the S5 and A5 S-line and can they comment on the differences?

Thanks. BTW, I live in the US (I know sometimes suspension designs are calibrated differently for different markets).

· Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi Nirad - welcome to the forum. You mentioned that you are in the U.S., but you may also want to put your location in you profile so that in later posts people know how to respond or to what area you are referring.

Anyway, I too would have gone for the S5 but for the gas mileage. So I went for the A5 S-Line. Good question about suspension. I'd love to know the answer to that myself. I know it gets lowered 10mm and that's about all I've gleaned thus far!

I have seen at least one review (if you look somewhere in this A5 Q&A forum, there is a thread with a lot of links to reviews) that the A5 does indeed handle a bit better because of the lower curb weight (in the place where it seems to help/hurt most).

Most A5 owners...well...ALL A5 owners in this forum thus far are not in North America. So you don't see much about the V6 3.2fsi engine, but it seems to be reviewing well. Arvin can tell us very soon!!

· Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the S5 and A5 S-line. My heart leans towards the S5, whereas my head towards the A5 s-line. I love the S5, but I have an S4 with the same engine and frankly the gas mileage is pretty atrocious.

There are not a lot of reviews of the A5 s-line, and I'm trying to get an idea of how it handles. Is the suspension on it the same as the suspension on the S5? If that is the case, I would imagine it handles better as it weighs ~200lbs less and has better weight distribution. Can anyone tell me anything about the S-line suspension? Has anyone driven both the S5 and A5 S-line and can they comment on the differences?

Thanks. BTW, I live in the US (I know sometimes suspension designs are calibrated differently for different markets).
No S-Line suspension is not the same as S5 suspension. But S-line suspension will make a big difference in comparision to the standard A5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.