Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

Getting ready to pull the trigger on my order but have a question.

The seats in the S-Line are different from the standard seats in what way?

My dealer does not have an S-Line for me to see and a few photos aren't really answering the question.

My options here in Japan are pretty limited and very few colors to choose from. I'm down to meteor grey (would love daytona gray but it is not available, even as a special order), dark blue or misano red. The only interior color for the S-Line package here is black.

Also thinking about the sun roof. What are folks experiences with it?

I've taken the A5 and S5 for overnight loans and am leaning towards the A5. It seems much nicer balanced. With the adaptive cruise and B&O it makes short work out of trips. Unless going through Tokyo where its routine stop and go the whole way across...

Many thanks in advance for the help.

---

Jim

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome!

The difference between the S-line seats and the standard seats are that the S-line seats are considered "sports" seats, so they have larger side bolsters which provide greater lateral support and also include a thigh support section which can be extended.

For what it's worth, here are couple of threads you might want to check out:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/real-life-pics-1154/index.html?p=12817

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/only-standard-seats-749/index.html?t=749

Regarding the sunroof, it only tilts open (about an inch) and does not slide. Personally, I have no desire for it… but in the US we don’t get a choice, as all A5/S5s come with a sunroof. I’ve found that when it’s open, I don’t really feel any air coming inside the car while driving down the highway. So, it’s almost a waste to have, IMO. I suppose one benefit is that it allows more light to come into the cabin. But, if you live in an area that gets really hot during certain times of the year, the sunlight is never going to be completely blocked out by the sunroof shade. That’s because the shade is not a solid material, but instead is let’s in light just as a window screen with tiny holes does. (See photo here.)

· Registered
101 Posts
Sunroof: I on the other hand like it. When I've got the side windows cracked, the 1" opening allows for a nice flow of air through the cabin. I live in a hot area too and I've noticed the sunshade that slides over the sunroof does reasonable well keeping the heat out . The majority of the heat I experience in the cabin comes in from the front window, therefore, it's important to get a windshield shade. When I do have the car parked for any length of time, I crack the sunroof/side windows to vent the cabin, but leave the sunshade in place to keep anything from coming into the cabin. IMO, it works well. Another .02 to consider.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi-

Thanks for the links. It appears that the S-Line seats are the standard seats in the model here. So I guess the only difference is the S-Line logo on them.

The sun roof is still on the option list. Since my local dealer, local being about 80KM away, does not have an S-Line I will need to go to the big showroom in Tokyo and see one there. Thats about 2 hours by train.

What is peoples experience with the deep blue and misano red? How easy is it to care for? I'd love a daytona grey, but we cant go into the Audi exclusive book on the A5s brought here. My bosses R8 on the other hand has the world opened to it.

And just when I thought I had a decision my dealer pulls out this sweet little TT with a 3.2 and offers a deal.... :)

---

Jim

· Registered
483 Posts
I would also consider the TT-S if you are considering the TT 3.2. TT-S gets 7.9 L/100 km (combined) and 4.9 sec 0-100 km/h; just can't beat it if you don't need that much space in your car.

· Registered
457 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the S-Line interior of my A5 with the alcantara seating surfaces with silver stitching:

· Registered
128 Posts
a couple more for you

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.