Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I'm a new forum member here - excellent info on the site, and good to see such good advice from owners of all models in the range (I'm a Mk II TT owner, and the TT Forum seems to be full of 'Mines better than yours' threads!! Quite boring!).

Anyway, I fancy a change - the TT's a great car, but a bit too raw for long distance commuting, and the A5 3.0 TDi I'm after offers better performance anyway.

Only problem is that I really want an S Line. I've searched the forum and wandered if there had been any know updates on UK future availability? I'd hate to buy a £35K car (Sport) only to see an S Line arrive a few months later.

Is there any known news on S Line coming to UK?

Cheers
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
My Local audi dealer told me that the S-line will be out no time soon. Basically because the "normal" A5 is selling VERY well throughout the UK, so it wouldnt make sense for them to bring the s-line out just yet.

I guess they're waiting on sales dying down a bit, and then they'll release the s-line, in hope that they'll entice the "normal" A5 owners to upgrading.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i got told the same, basically there were no plans for the s-line in the UK but this was from a dealer. and in the past they have known nothing ;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I've not heard about the status of UK sline, originally i wanted it aswell. After a while i've actually come to prefer the UK sport to the sline. The sline just looks like it has big plastic side skirts and thats about, it may have a different front bumper but it cant be much different.

You can always buy OEM sline parts through audi, quite a few have already done the side skirts. I think i recall them only being about £80 exc paint/fitting.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i think the front bumper is similar to the S5 bumper. i did want an sline but sadly no choice. i will be adding the cill blades when i get mine i think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts