Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone recently try to build an A5 with the s-line package? I just put in an order with the dealer and he emails me:

"I've just tried to input the order and have noticed that I don't get an option to choose the S-Line package. After further investigation I've found the following:

WQB option is currently unavailable for ordering

The following wheels are unavailable for ordering until further notice:
A3 -- Sport Packages [PPS, PDH, & WQB]
A4 Sedan and Avant -- 19" wheels [PSP & PQX]
A4 Sedan and Avant -- 18" Sport wheels [PPS] - Sold orders only
A5 Coupe -- 19" wheels [WQB & VRP]
TT Coupe & TT Roadster -- 18" 10-arm chrome wheel (PRS)"

:mad: Just when I thought I can finally get my car in 3 months there comes this issue!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Did anyone recently try to build an A5 with the s-line package? I just put in an order with the dealer and he emails me:

"I've just tried to input the order and have noticed that I don't get an option to choose the S-Line package. After further investigation I've found the following:

WQB option is currently unavailable for ordering

The following wheels are unavailable for ordering until further notice:
A3 -- Sport Packages [PPS, PDH, & WQB]
A4 Sedan and Avant -- 19" wheels [PSP & PQX]
A4 Sedan and Avant -- 18" Sport wheels [PPS] - Sold orders only
A5 Coupe -- 19" wheels [WQB & VRP]
TT Coupe & TT Roadster -- 18" 10-arm chrome wheel (PRS)"

:mad: Just when I thought I can finally get my car in 3 months there comes this issue!!
Hey Jay,

I was told by a local dealer here in Texas that 19" Y-Spoke A5 wheels and the S5 wheels are both backordered until ??. Ask them if you can just order with 18" wheels and just buy aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jay,

I was told by a local dealer here in Texas that 19" Y-Spoke A5 wheels and the S5 wheels are both backordered until ??. Ask them if you can just order with 18" wheels and just buy aftermarket wheels?
You think I do that and still get the s-line package? Basically everything with the s-line minus the wheels

·
Registered
750 Posts
You think I do that and still get the s-line package? Basically everything with the s-line minus the wheels
It won't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Weird, I hear rumors that was a mistake... My order was put into the system in April (finally got my allocation now and now my order was sent to production for S-line on July 18) I have heard 10 week backorder oh the wheels on this site. So.. I have no idea what is going one. I guess I should call my dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weird, I hear rumors that was a mistake... My order was put into the system in April (finally got my allocation now and now my order was sent to production for S-line on July 18) I have heard 10 week backorder oh the wheels on this site. So.. I have no idea what is going one. I guess I should call my dealer.
Yea the dealer said last time this happened (backorder on the wheels) it was a 6-7 week delay.

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Correction, my A5 S-line was sent to Manufacturing on July 22 2008. (put into the order system in April of 2008) Next step is it is release to production.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which dealer are you working with?
I was going to order with Mission Viejo Audi but due to this non availability I might try to find one at another dealer. I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem cuz if it is... then does that means orders put through from now on will not have s-line availability? (until the 19' wheels becomes available in 7-10 weeks).

Just sucks because that puts production back by several weeks if you want the s-line package.

·
Registered
750 Posts
shortage of S-Line might make it easier to sell my A5 :)
maybe i can sell the wheels for 48,000 with a free A5 :)
funny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lewy--

I saw that thread too... from my understanding the non-availability is on the 19" wheels that makes the s-line not available to order as of now (because the s-line comes with the 19"). That's what the dealer I tried to order from told me. And if he's right then that means whichever dealer I order from there may be an additional 10 week delay due to the backorder on the 19"-->s-line

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why are you selling?
well the A5 doesn't do it for me
it's probably one of the prettiest cars in this category
also the nicest interior
but the engine (3.2) and driving pleasure i would give 4/10 and 5/10
it's a grand tourer
in no way is it sporty (even with S-line sports suspension)
i test drove the new M3 and its a whole different car
and i will probably buy one (and yes i know its more expensive, but i would rather pay more for something that gives me pleasure than to pay less for a car that doesn't put a smile on my face)

the A5 is a great car
but i think its targeted at a different kind of driver
someone who would consider a mercedes
i.e luxury and isolation from the road/bumps etc
not someone who likes to drive fast and have a nimble car
it's a briliant black with premium, S-Line, B&O with Audi Care
and the hard to find 19" Y wheels :)
2500miles only

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw one of those exactly on ebay! for $52,000 to start.. how much you selling it for?

So I called my dealer, he can't place any orders for S-line or Y-wheels currently. However mine went through to manufacturing so far since it was ordered in April, but just recently allocated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lewy-Maybe you got one of the last 19" wheels lol :p but good to hear you got the allocation.

kmarei- your reasons are justified... if you're spending that much money on a car you should be happy with it! good luck on the M3!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts