Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and can't seem to find a decent comparison image of the two (or two images). Is anyone able to post a pic showing both bumpers so its easy to get a decent comparison?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have searched and can't seem to find a decent comparison image of the two (or two images). Is anyone able to post a pic showing both bumpers so its easy to get a decent comparison?
best comparison pic, left is a5 and right is a5 s line. other pic is a close up of the s line.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't worry about what they look like. If your choosing, You want the s-line bumper. period. It looks 9238578934 times better than the stock A5 bumper:p

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Whealey, I'm betting I know why you're asking the question - especially after seeing your car on Saturday. ;) :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Whealey, I'm betting I know why you're asking the question - especially after seeing your car on Saturday. ;) :D
What has he done... Has he Hurt It ???

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
What has he done... Has he Hurt It ???
I'll let Whealey answer that - if he wants to. :)

Suffice to say that he's asking the S-Line bumper question for a good reason and that he wouldn't let me take close up photo's of his car's front end. ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
REB_A5 said:
I'll let Whealey answer that - if he wants to.

Suffice to say that he's asking the S-Line bumper question for a good reason and that he wouldn't let me take close up photo's of his car's front end.
whealey said:
Just a little scrape - taking it in on the 14th for a new bumper and a bit of touch up - should be good as new!

Ouch......

Are you getting the S-Line then ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah, just going for the standard replacement. as its the front bumper, the sline wouldn't make it look a great deal different. the only reason id pick sline is if it was the back

·
Registered
821 Posts
Was there much difference in the price or did you not bother looking ??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't even bother looking to be honest, the thought didnt cross my mind. If I had thought about it then I would have compared prices but I guess I just forgot. Doesn't matter too much anyway, going to have it back to normal which is what i care about :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Didn't even bother looking to be honest, the thought didnt cross my mind. If I had thought about it then I would have compared prices but I guess I just forgot. Doesn't matter too much anyway, going to have it back to normal which is what i care about :)
Id love to see your car with the s line front bumper. Its basically the s5 bumper minus the alumium insert in the middle. With your 20" rims it would make it look even more aggressive. Just a thought.

Although you mention you like the s line rear bumper, can you not just removed the plastic at the bottom and intall the rear diffuser? I have seen the sline bumper converted to the s5 by the same process.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Although you mention you like the s line rear bumper, can you not just removed the plastic at the bottom and intall the rear diffuser? I have seen the sline bumper converted to the s5 by the same process.
No, the standard bumper cover on the A5 differs slightly from the bumper cover on the S-line and S5. (BTW, the rear bumper cover on the S-line and S5 are the same.) In order to fit either the S-line rear diffuser or the S5 diffuser to a non S-line A5, you have to replace the entire bumper cover.

·
Registered
371 Posts
In order to fit either the S-line rear diffuser or the S5 diffuser to a non S-line A5, you have to replace the entire bumper cover.
sounds expensive. I do love that diffuser though. The biggest difference to me on the s line was the front bumper and side rocker panels that make the car look more agresive. Almost like the S5. Almost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.