Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ran across this S-line A5 that has 20" aftermarket wheels and several cosmetic changes ... like a black grille, black exhaust tips, and a completely debadged rear end (notice there's no Audi logo). It has also been lowered.

More pics here.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I've been wondering what an S-Line A5 looks like (especially having ordered one!). So, there's an S badge on the front? I guess that's an S without the 5?? I did know about the rear..valence is it?....love that. And, yes, nice wheels. What color is that? Looks like dolphin grey.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think that "S" badge was put on the grille at the factory. It was probably the aftermarket tuner who put it on there. As far as I'm aware, the S-line A5 has a "quattro" badge on the grille just like all the other A5's. However, just behind the front fender, there is an "S-line" badge (same place as the V8 badge on S5's).

I'm not sure what color car that is, but I think it looks really good!

·
Registered
43 Posts
what kind of interior do s-lines have? are they all leather seats or do they have alcantara?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Think it's Quartz grey. Wanted to change to that from Meteor but was told it was too late - apparently somewhere in Ingolstadt there was already a little German man sat cross-legged stirring a pot of Meteor with my name on it.....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
what kind of interior do s-lines have? are they all leather seats or do they have alcantara?
I've read where the seats are "upholstered in a cloth/leather combination or in Fine Nappa leather, both of which feature an embossed S line logo". (See attached pic.) But, I don't know what differences there might be (if any) between the European spec'd A5's seats and others.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...apparently somewhere in Ingolstadt there was already a little German man sat cross-legged stirring a pot of Meteor with my name on it.....
LMAO!! :D :D :D The image of that actually occurring at the factory is hilarious. Hopefully he's using a metal stick and not a wooden stick to stir the pot ... wouldn't want to get wood splinters in your paint now would we. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Wow, that looks absolutely gorgeous.

Any A5 owners wishing they waited for the s-line?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Think it's Quartz grey. Wanted to change to that from Meteor but was told it was too late - apparently somewhere in Ingolstadt there was already a little German man sat cross-legged stirring a pot of Meteor with my name on it.....
Thanks. And that's friggin' hilarious. He'd better keep stirring for awhile given the anticipated delivery dates.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think that "S" badge was put on the grille at the factory. It was probably the aftermarket tuner who put it on there. As far as I'm aware, the S-line A5 has a "quattro" badge on the grille just like all the other A5's. However, just behind the front fender, there is an "S-line" badge (same place as the V8 badge on S5's).
Actually, doesn't burst my bubble...I wasn't crazy about the idea of getting that close to looking like an S5 (seems a bit silly). Your assumed approach sounds more reasonable.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Wheels look good, but I would stick with the stock 19" BBS style s-lines.

As for the actual S-line package, I'm putting my order down soon, PB, 3.0 TDI, loaded. Intention is not to look like an S5, I just find the added aggressiveness of the package much more appealing than the stock A5 (which is a beautiful car to begin with, don't get me wrong). The dealer will be loaning us a 3.0 soon, can't wait!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The back end looks stunning without the Audi badge. I've ordered mine without the "A5" or "3.0TDI", but is there somewhere which will be able to take the audi logo off as well?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I like it, but am I the only one that thinks the wheels are a bit too big? I am thinking 19" would look better.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey houseofg im hoping for that real valence too but I don't think the US is going to see that... or so i've heard but who knows anymore

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
hey houseofg im hoping for that real valence too but I don't think the US is going to see that... or so i've heard but who knows anymore
You shut your mouth, Pete! ;)
That's the best exterior feature of the S-Line...say it ain't so!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I really like the color. It's unfortunately not a standard option for the S5.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The back end looks stunning without the Audi badge. I've ordered mine without the "A5" or "3.0TDI", but is there somewhere which will be able to take the audi logo off as well?
A hairdryer to soften the glue and fishing line or dental floss slid behind the badge and worked through will take it off :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts