Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...

I have an A5 non-S-Line in the US. I've washed my car a lot since receiving it in January. I've noticed on more than one occassion that afterwards, while the car is parked at home or at work that rust water is coming from the center of the wheels.

Anyone else notice this? Is this normal or not? I can wipe it up after it runs down upon the alloy wheel, but this is a bit new to me. I did do a search on the forum for rust and did not come up with anything related to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My brake rotors always turn rusty-looking after washing the car. Prior to drying off the car, I'll often find a few drops of rusty water on the bottom inside part of the wheel where the water has dripped from the rotors. But, as soon as I drive around for bit and use the brakes, the rotors no longer have that rusty look.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Its quite normal Arvin, the discs/hubs will gain a layer of rust almost immediately. The brown marks that you're seeing probably running around the inside of the wheel are nothing to worry about, just wipe it off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.